Solidly Built, 6 Seater Car/Van
By Chris on
1998 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan
Closer to a 6 seat car than a van. A "crossover" ahead of it's time. Power: Surprising. Wind the tach and the car moves "good enough". I turned in an '04 3.8 Grand Caravan and I like the characteristics of the 98 Odyssey better. Mileage: Average. I get 21mpg. Steering: Drives like an Accord, but slightly heavier feel (because it is). Above average for a "van". Reliability: Zero unscheduled fixes to date. Interior: Below average. Cupholders useless(verey small), and no center console means drinks sit on passenger seat or lap. Some controls not lit at night; dash is very dim. Not enough storage bins. Sound: Poor, worst sound of any car I've owned.
Favorite Features
1) Reliability/Cost Of Ownership 2) Surprising VTEC Performance 3) Visibility/Driving Characterisics. I can see better out of this vehicle than any car I've ever owned. 4) 3rd row seat is easier to fold after 10 years than even the newest Chrysler Stow N Go design.
Suggested Improvements
Cupholders are atrocious. Factory stereo is atrocious. Needs more storage bins. Needs larger fuel tank (only 270mi between fill ups). Needs better lit controls for night driving.