1997 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Far more advanced then other vans
By Ruchy on 05/22/10 17:54 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

We bought this van for $500, yes it needed work ( suspension ), it does have 259k on it. Why any one would buy another van is beyond me, if you have $3k to spend pick one up, even if it has a lot of miles. This van is FAR MORE advanced than anything from this year all the way up until now. The ride is great, the gas mileage is superior even to anything now, for a 6-7 passenger vehicle. I wish they still had them but Honda decided to use a 6 cylinder, boo-hoo. I call this car a wagon on steroids, we take it when we go on any outings because it is very comfy and roomy. Drive one, you'll buy it.

Rides Great
By Ruchy on 12/22/09 17:27 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Okay I just bought this van, aka station wagon on steroids, and I already love it. Domestic van had nothing on it, this vehicle was almost 10 yrs. more advanced than the competition. It has 256k on it and was just driven to PA from TX. I drove it home and it rides great just like my accord, which has plenty of power. Drive it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

my pickup truck and car
By Charles Stuart on 12/26/04 18:40 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van because of the review others have expressed and and more than happy with the purchase. We have used it to move items and people and have taken it on trips. This van is a truck and car and I will keep it a long time.

Just Right
By Mike on 12/09/04 15:36 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This vehicle is small enough to be car- like manuverable yet large enough to haul family, friends and cargo. Pleasure to drive. I have a need to reconfigure the seating a couple times a week and find the fold down rear seat great and the middle captain's chairs easy to remove or put back. I find the four cylinder no problem and the transmission matches up great with it. No shifting back and forth on the many hills which I travel. Since I have purchased it 20,000 miles ago I have only needed brakes and tires. I've been getting about 26mpg in mixed driving.

Extraordinary Van
By Yuanshou on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Very satisfied with almost every aspect of this great van. the only pity is lack of acceleration. reliability is superior to any other brands in the market. my friend has a 1995 one, so far the mileage is 400,000 miles, no problems at all. It's your lifetime transportation tool if you own one.

my workhorse
By tia on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

My van has been great. I have had no problems and have loved the 4 doors--in fact I will not buy another O. because they now have sliding doors and v6's. This car is a part of our family. The last of its kind!

Great Family Car
By rumrazz on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I have owned this car for over 3 years and I am the second owner. This car has really worked for us with two growing teenagers and taxing their friends around. The captain seats in the second row are a real bonus for long rides, each child has their own space. I like having all four doors open like a sedan and that all the windows roll down giving everyone air. The third seat is small but so easy to fold down when not in use, leaving a large cargo space.

Very good van
By Tim Cook on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Very reliable and fun to drive. Lots of room.

Extremely reliable
By Carlitos on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Great mini-mini van. Unfortunately it tends to be compared to full mini-vans which most the time carry a V6 under their hoods. Hey! not everybody needs that (keep in mind that its 4 cil. engine is a Vtec. Inside is very roomy and the rear passenger door are a plus with their roll down windows. Extremely reliable (never had to call road assistence at all) So far I have 138000 Km and just one visit to de dealer to replace the power doors controler (covered by the extended warranty) If you want to move people rather than furniture, it's great

Great family van
By dnc4009 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

We went from a large Ford Windstar to this smaller van and have never looked back. Honda is by far the most reliable auto maker we have experienced. The only thing they could have improved on this van would be more power. Other than that I plan on driving it to it's grave!!