Used 1997 Honda Odyssey EX Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Far more advanced then other vans
By Ruchy

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

We bought this van for $500, yes it needed work ( suspension ), it does have 259k on it. Why any one would buy another van is beyond me, if you have $3k to spend pick one up, even if it has a lot of miles. This van is FAR MORE advanced than anything from this year all the way up until now. The ride is great, the gas mileage is superior even to anything now, for a 6-7 passenger vehicle. I wish they still had them but Honda decided to use a 6 cylinder, boo-hoo. I call this car a wagon on steroids, we take it when we go on any outings because it is very comfy and roomy. Drive one, you'll buy it.

gas consumption, stow and go 3rd seat, 4 doors, not sliders it doesn't feel like a "mini" van. Front and rear air, leg room for all seats.

Bring them back asap!

Rides Great
By Ruchy

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Okay I just bought this van, aka station wagon on steroids, and I already love it. Domestic van had nothing on it, this vehicle was almost 10 yrs. more advanced than the competition. It has 256k on it and was just driven to PA from TX. I drove it home and it rides great just like my accord, which has plenty of power. Drive it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

STOW AND GO, YES that's RIGHT they had it way back in 95', ROOM, the look is great

BRING IT BACK!!

my pickup truck and car
By Charles Stuart

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van because of the review others have expressed and and more than happy with the purchase. We have used it to move items and people and have taken it on trips. This van is a truck and car and I will keep it a long time.

The 4 doors and reliability and seats in the back that fold down.

More power.

Just Right
By Mike

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This vehicle is small enough to be car- like manuverable yet large enough to haul family, friends and cargo. Pleasure to drive. I have a need to reconfigure the seating a couple times a week and find the fold down rear seat great and the middle captain's chairs easy to remove or put back. I find the four cylinder no problem and the transmission matches up great with it. No shifting back and forth on the many hills which I travel. Since I have purchased it 20,000 miles ago I have only needed brakes and tires. I've been getting about 26mpg in mixed driving.

Reliability. Mini van capacity with Accord handling. Good MPG. Good still contemporary looks.

Floor is humpy with seats out.

Extraordinary Van
By Yuanshou

1997 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Very satisfied with almost every aspect
of this great van. the only pity is
lack of acceleration. reliability is
superior to any other brands in the
market. my friend has a 1995 one, so
far the mileage is 400,000 miles, no
problems at all. It's your lifetime
transportation tool if you own one.