1996 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Amazing little van

1996 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Review

Amazing little van
By Flopek on

1996 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

We bought our Odyssey over 3 years ago with the addition of a new family member (with 5 you have to make the jump to a "mom mobile" or SUV). We didn't have the budget for anything too fancy, but when we came across a used '96 Odyssey, we were sold after simply looking at it and test driving compared to all the other vans we were looking at. At the time it had 95K, and we've put an additional 30k. Very reliable.I changed the timing belt as a precaution. I've simply changed the oil and put good gas in it, no cheap swamp gas stations. I replaced the rear shocks and exhaust manifold since they finally failed after 13 years of service. Repairs less than $200-$400 when I do it myself, very easy.

Parts are easy to find, seating comfort; 4 captain chairs, cargo space abundant when rear seats removed, great towing capacity, reasonable pep for 4 Cyl van, big time return on investment with this van.

Oil filter is in a hard place to get to, but not impossible - the vehicle has to be raised.