Used 1995 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most reliable, astonishingly reliable
By belfastconfetti

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This is the most reliable, least flaky car that I have ever owned. Seven seats in the Japanese configuration that I drive, often full, no trouble at all. MPG not great, comfort - OK, but reliable, reliable, reliable.

Gives no trouble, keeps on going in spite of my failing to service it regularly, driving it carelessly, wife knocking it into pillars and curbs. Ace.

The rear door leaks, which is annoying. A really bad stereo and a really awkward one to replace. Apart from that, nothing!

The Best Vehicle I've ever owned!
By Robert Ponce

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

And, I've own a lot! American and foreign cars all by being in the Air Force. I used to buy and sell cars from military folks who were switching assignments to and from other bases. I worked on all makes and models on my last count approx 30 cars and a dozen motorcycles. I personally owned cars for no more than 2 years tops! Not until I bought this 1995 Odyssey in 01/1996 on a year end close out! I've had it now for over 12 years and it has 415,000 miles. None of my friends can believe that I'm still driving my white Honda Odyssey? I've only replaced the timing belt and master cylinder and CV Joints and about 6-7 sets of tires! I'm keeping her!

I've used my van for my computer business and loaded it up to the brim after removing the back buckets and closing the magic seat and was very impressed with the capacity! I loaded up all my 12' 2X6 and 2X8 from home depot to build a 12' X 15' wood deck! cement bags, nails, tools. She only smiled!

Only thing Honda could have done to improve it was to make it float and add a propeller. It would make a excellent water craft as well! Also, Helicopter option would come in handy in Miami traffic!

Best Van around for family of 4
By Great Van

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Wish they still built vans this size - Mazda finally made one with the Mazda5. Ours has 228k miles with only two problems in its history - brake master cylinder and radiator (plastic cap cracked - replaced with all metal double row HD model). Towed a pop-up camper, delivers 26+ mpg, comfortable, bullet proof reliability

Great size - ideal for families of 4. Great MPG - around town 24+, hiway over 28, very reliable, stainless exhaust (never replaced), 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, great view

tachometer, metal radiators - please Honda - they all seem to go bad at 100- 150k miles. Luckily, aftermarket radiators are cheap, plentiful and easy to replace.

1995 wonder car
By david knick

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

i have 209000+ on my honda that had 52 miles when i bought it // runs like a top// on hwy @60 mph i have gotten 31mpg with cruise and "light braking and gas pedal// i have taken out both rear seats// plenty of room for luggage and shopping// car has been hit twice once in drivers side/fellow said he did not see red light// crush rear door and part of drivers//head on hit on drivers side // air bags went off// lucky guy i am

safety/gas mileage/room/if all cars were like 1995 honda car business would not make it/ everyone wants to know when i am going to get a new one/maybe next time i cancel my collision//

none

Great Find
By Josh

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

My wife and I just purchased a 1995 Odyssey this past weekend and so far we love it. We were blessed to find one with only 95,000 miles and the owner before us kept the car immaculate! It looks brand new! We had a Nissan Xterra before (which we loved) but with two small children we were getting tired of packing them into the small back seat and then having no extra room. The Odyssey drives great and we really haven't been able to tell much difference between the 4cyl. in the Odyssey and the 6cyl. in the Xterra (yet). It's so much easier to see out of the big windows and it feels just as solid on the highway. We would highly recommend one to anyone who is looking.

Real back doors (we don't like the sliders).

If this model would have been made a little wider it would be perfect!