1995 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews 2

1995 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

1995 Odyssey Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Too bad they are not making it any more
By Michael Nikolaou

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Great car! Honda got their design right the first time: Maximize interior space, keep weight low, make it versatile (have 5 rather than 4 seats with the 3rd row folded down - in a snap), and build it well. I have 112K miles on my Odyssey. It runs great, looks great (still shiny), drives great. I am putting a new CD player with Bluetooth for hands-free use of my cell phone, and keeping my Odyssey for years.

Favorite Features

Sensible design, practicality, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

More power (can never have too much power!)

Best 95 Minivan
By NR1

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This is by far the best minivan made in '95. I love the exterior, looks like a half Civic half Accord wagon. The four door style is awesome,way better than sliding doors. The interior looks a lot like an Accord which is pretty cool. I've got almost 170k miles on mine and still running strong. It is my future project car, I am going to tune up to the max, hopefully win a lot of trophies in car shows. Gotta love these Honda's

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, size, handling, reliablity, performance, looks, etc. Pretty much everything. Really fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

They could've added more power for when going on uphills, uphills are its weakness. A tachometer would be useful. Problem with the A/C. Cancel button for cruise control. Positioning of rear speakers. They should've made the moonroof open completely. Thats about it I guess.Other than that its perfect

Superb VAN - Perfect 4 family of 4!!!
By Ody Owner

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Nearly 200,000 miles now! Only NON- wear and tear items replaced: brake master cylinder at 90k, radiator at 120k, AC switch valve. Still original wear and tear parts: alternator, starter, exhaust, shocks. One of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned in 25 years of owning cars. Still running strong - no reason it wouldn't reach 300k+.

Favorite Features

MPG - some tanks as high as 30 mpg. Routinely delivers 26. Great ride and handling. Perfect for our family of 4. I recommened it to every small family I know.

Suggested Improvements

tachometer - the '98 had a tach. If/when you replace the radiator get an all brass DOUBLE-core model - better cooling, improved towing. Final "dream" improvement: a new european Turbo diesel engine - more power, more towing, peppier around town and nearly 40 mpg!!!

Our Best Car for Family
By MJD

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I've owned many autos, and this is the first I've kept for more than 75000 miles. It has never been non-operational in 10 years. The only costly repair has been to replace the air conditioner last year. I have kept the maintenance up to date. I love this car, and when I have to give it up it will be hard.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, gas mileage, and appearance are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

None

outstanding reliability
By Chris

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

The Odyssey is a workhorse! Over 200,000 miles and the only reason I am no longer driving it is that I was hit by a dump truck (even then, I would not be surprised if it could keep running). Excellent mpg for a van and a more useful cargo carrier than most SUV's.

Favorite Features

Fold down back seat. Easy to get in or out. Just plain old reliable would have to be my favorite part of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

A/C could have been a bit stronger and the speaker location in the back door fires into the seat (not the most effective location)

Good vehicle for the price
By dopsdad

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Purchased two years ago with 84K miles, (just because its a Honda) and it now has 125K. Ignition switch went bad, but I think that was a fluke and it cost less than $100 to fix. A/C developed a leak over the winter, but it has the R134a system which will keep repair costs down. All other mechanical parts work great. Two minor problems are broken cup holder and cracked arm rest on door that makes irritating noises. The best thing about this vehicle is that I'm never concerned about it breaking down. How do you put a price on peace of mind?

Favorite Features

Very reliable. Children can easily use rear doors without assistance. Good on gas for vehicle of its size. Fold down thrid seat is great for quick transitions. Second seat provides ample room for three people.

Suggested Improvements

Just a few more bells and whistles for comfort. A larger console for storage and holding drinks and other items would have been nice. I haven't been in the newer models, but I'm sure Honda has already improved this vehicle greatly.

Too bad they don't make them any more...
By EN

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

What a wonderful minivan! Comfortable, roomy inside/not too big outside, reliable, drives like a car, extremely versatile. It's a pity that Honda succumbed (very successfully at that) to US market pressure to build this model's successor. This model had the highest J.D. Powers customer satisfaction index ever, indicating it struck a sensitive chord among a number of buyers. I, for one, have loved it from day one, and intend to keep it for as long as it runs (judging from past experience with Honda, that will be many years to come).

Favorite Features

Convenient seating arrangement 2+3+2 (unlike most minivans' 2+2+3) Advantage: If last row tucked, car still seats 5. Last row of seats dissapears into floor in secís. Despite large interior room total volume not huge. Car easily garageable. Non-sliding rear doors easy to open/close.

Suggested Improvements

- Could use more power (but can keep up with traffic if gas pedal is floored). - Non-sliding rear doors may cause dings when opened carelessly by kids (true for every car!) - Air condition nicely configured with dual modules, but could be stronger for Texas summers!

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Owned
By Ktoes

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I leased this Odyssey in 12/95, then purchased it. It now has 118,000 miles and the car has been trouble free. The only problem was the muffler that fell off right after the warranty ended, but Honda replaced it free of charge. My wife loves this car & does not want to trade for a newer one! I have owned 5 Hondas and all of them have been reliable & care free. The interior has held up exceptionally well and the motor is still strong. I will get a new CR-V when my wife decides to give it up...

Favorite Features

3rd seat that folds flat into the floor. Comfortable on long trips and captain chairs are excellent. Dual A/C. Middle captain seats weigh only 16lbs and pop out easily for great hauling area. Easy to change oil. Lots of storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a V-6, but engine pulls fine for size(I drive a Miata and I like to accelerate!). Hard to replace air filter. Hood chips easy due to pitch. Just minor things...one could not ask for a easier vehicle to care for or drive.

200 K on 95 EX -Still Strong & Reliable
By jjloveshondas

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

My 95 EX is being donated next week but only because another driver crashed into it. Timing Belts every 90K are critical, doesn't have to be done by Honda dealer DON't have to do the Water Pump. First Tuned and Brakes at 90K. Great used car value! Doesn't have tourqe for hills and the engine whines a bit but the passing and acceleration speed power is more than adequate for highway or around town driving. This car owes me nothing, best and lowest cost (in terms of repair) vehicle ever owned and we have almost one million miles of Honda driving!

Favorite Features

Captains chairs Very comfortable front seats Flip 3rd seat Decent Gas mileage (avg 24)

Not too big, not too small
By O Picher

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

We have enjoyed this car tremendously. It fits our family of four perfectly for long trips, with plenty of room to stretch out. It also has expansion room to seat 7 for car-pooling trips. All 4 windows roll down, and the fold-away rear seat is tremendous. The car is a little underpowered, but once it gets going it can hold its own on the highway.

Favorite Features

Fold-away rear seats. Not too big. Drives like an Accord.