1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
My Good "ol Hondi
By zozing on 01/30/12 17:05 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I will never sell my car. Very reliable and dependable. Just feed her with good oil and she is ready to roll! Bought as a demo model with 5000 miles on it, never stopped rolling since then. never stalled, nada. Just changed timing belt and water pump as needed and keep oil clean. Still saving me at 22mi/gal city and 30 mi/gal highway @ ave go 65 mi/hour. My daughter grew up in that car and is now practicing with it. Love it...love it...love it.

Gotta Love it
By HLLS on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

We bought this with 56k miles on it. it has 199k now. This has been the most dependable car we have ever owned. I bought wife a Mazda van and parked it for 18 months till daughter was old enough to drive. Started right up, took it to mechanic who had to clean the nox valves to get it to pass emissions and charged the AC and it was back in perfect condition till the daughter totaled it. Airbags allowed to teenagers to walk away from almost head on collision. Right now I am pondering another 95 Odyssey with a blown transmission to put this tranny in because in 18 months I have another kid ready to drive!

Fonda 1995 Honda Odyssey
By Honda Mom on 12/08/09 05:49 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I bought this Odyssey in 1995 with 35k miles. In 2009 it has 240k miles. It has been a great car for my family on long trips, commuting, and car pooling with the extra pop up seats in back. My husband regularly changes the oil. Only normal wear and tear problems, nothing major. I love this car/van. No slider doors for me. I really wish Honda had stuck with the model the way it was. So much room in the back to move stuff. I love it so much I'm going to make 300,000! WHY did Honda have to change it? It was perfect to begin with.

The Best Vehicle I've ever owned!
By Robert Ponce on 05/24/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

And, I've own a lot! American and foreign cars all by being in the Air Force. I used to buy and sell cars from military folks who were switching assignments to and from other bases. I worked on all makes and models on my last count approx 30 cars and a dozen motorcycles. I personally owned cars for no more than 2 years tops! Not until I bought this 1995 Odyssey in 01/1996 on a year end close out! I've had it now for over 12 years and it has 415,000 miles. None of my friends can believe that I'm still driving my white Honda Odyssey? I've only replaced the timing belt and master cylinder and CV Joints and about 6-7 sets of tires! I'm keeping her!

Best Van around for family of 4
By Great Van on 09/30/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Wish they still built vans this size - Mazda finally made one with the Mazda5. Ours has 228k miles with only two problems in its history - brake master cylinder and radiator (plastic cap cracked - replaced with all metal double row HD model). Towed a pop-up camper, delivers 26+ mpg, comfortable, bullet proof reliability

1995 wonder car
By david knick on 03/15/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

i have 209000+ on my honda that had 52 miles when i bought it // runs like a top// on hwy @60 mph i have gotten 31mpg with cruise and "light braking and gas pedal// i have taken out both rear seats// plenty of room for luggage and shopping// car has been hit twice once in drivers side/fellow said he did not see red light// crush rear door and part of drivers//head on hit on drivers side // air bags went off// lucky guy i am

Great Find
By Josh on 06/12/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

My wife and I just purchased a 1995 Odyssey this past weekend and so far we love it. We were blessed to find one with only 95,000 miles and the owner before us kept the car immaculate! It looks brand new! We had a Nissan Xterra before (which we loved) but with two small children we were getting tired of packing them into the small back seat and then having no extra room. The Odyssey drives great and we really haven't been able to tell much difference between the 4cyl. in the Odyssey and the 6cyl. in the Xterra (yet). It's so much easier to see out of the big windows and it feels just as solid on the highway. We would highly recommend one to anyone who is looking.

Too bad they are not making it any more
By Michael Nikolaou on 05/15/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Great car! Honda got their design right the first time: Maximize interior space, keep weight low, make it versatile (have 5 rather than 4 seats with the 3rd row folded down - in a snap), and build it well. I have 112K miles on my Odyssey. It runs great, looks great (still shiny), drives great. I am putting a new CD player with Bluetooth for hands-free use of my cell phone, and keeping my Odyssey for years.

Superb VAN - Perfect 4 family of 4!!!
By Ody Owner on 07/09/05 09:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Nearly 200,000 miles now! Only NON- wear and tear items replaced: brake master cylinder at 90k, radiator at 120k, AC switch valve. Still original wear and tear parts: alternator, starter, exhaust, shocks. One of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned in 25 years of owning cars. Still running strong - no reason it wouldn't reach 300k+.

Good vehicle for the price
By dopsdad on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Purchased two years ago with 84K miles, (just because its a Honda) and it now has 125K. Ignition switch went bad, but I think that was a fluke and it cost less than $100 to fix. A/C developed a leak over the winter, but it has the R134a system which will keep repair costs down. All other mechanical parts work great. Two minor problems are broken cup holder and cracked arm rest on door that makes irritating noises. The best thing about this vehicle is that I'm never concerned about it breaking down. How do you put a price on peace of mind?