Used 1995 Honda Odyssey EX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Best car ever built in history of the world!!!!!!
By rob190

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Bought new in 95' now has 200000 miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance, have had to replace brakes, axle boots, radiator, drivers interior door panel, engine mount,and that is it. 30mpg, can seat 7, 8 if you put 3 kids in the rear bench, drives like a car, has a fair amount of pep, versatile interior, comfortable driving position. I pray every night that Honda will make this exact van again. In 40 years of driving, I have never loved a car this much. I will never sell it, and would like to have it buried with me when I die. If this van was a woman, I would make tender love to it every night, and take romantic walks with it on the beach every morning.

Fuel economy, reliability, versatility. Drives like a car. This is the greatest car the world has ever known.

Honda, please,please,please,please,please make this car again. Make an exact carbon copy, change nothing, nothing!!!! Nothing you made before, or since is this cars equal. I beg of you, please make this car again. I am not joking, I would buy one for each of my children, and one for my wife, and one for me.

15 years of purfect
By Gord

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Love my Honda. I bought it new in 95 and it's been a great little work horse. I've fixed little rust spots so they don't get away. Today it still looks like it last year's model. I've run it at 90 mph with no probs. Generally drive 70 - 75. It slows on take off with 4 passengers but it's well powered for 2 people. I see in reading other reviews I should do the timing belt. OK Next week. I'm at 150k miles. I had the ignition switch problem too. But the really big dangerous one is the ball joints. One upper let go at 140k. Watch out! It cost me $3000 in mechanical and body repairs. Lucky we had just slowed for a sharp turn at 20 mph.

removable seats. It's so easy to shampoo the carpets. The a/c has never been touched and still blows cool. The style is ageless.

Tint the windows. Very flashy on a white minivan.

Most reliable, astonishingly reliable
By belfastconfetti

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

This is the most reliable, least flaky car that I have ever owned. Seven seats in the Japanese configuration that I drive, often full, no trouble at all. MPG not great, comfort - OK, but reliable, reliable, reliable.

Gives no trouble, keeps on going in spite of my failing to service it regularly, driving it carelessly, wife knocking it into pillars and curbs. Ace.

The rear door leaks, which is annoying. A really bad stereo and a really awkward one to replace. Apart from that, nothing!

Best 95 Minivan
By NR1

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

This is by far the best minivan made in '95. I love the exterior, looks like a half Civic half Accord wagon. The four door style is awesome,way better than sliding doors. The interior looks a lot like an Accord which is pretty cool. I've got almost 170k miles on mine and still running strong. It is my future project car, I am going to tune up to the max, hopefully win a lot of trophies in car shows. Gotta love these Honda's

Gas mileage, size, handling, reliablity, performance, looks, etc. Pretty much everything. Really fun to drive.

They could've added more power for when going on uphills, uphills are its weakness. A tachometer would be useful. Problem with the A/C. Cancel button for cruise control. Positioning of rear speakers. They should've made the moonroof open completely. Thats about it I guess.Other than that its perfect

Our Best Car for Family
By MJD

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

I've owned many autos, and this is the first I've kept for more than 75000 miles. It has never been non-operational in 10 years. The only costly repair has been to replace the air conditioner last year. I have kept the maintenance up to date. I love this car, and when I have to give it up it will be hard.

Handling, comfort, gas mileage, and appearance are my favorite features.

None