1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
My Good "ol Hondi
By zozing on 01/30/12 17:05 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I will never sell my car. Very reliable and dependable. Just feed her with good oil and she is ready to roll! Bought as a demo model with 5000 miles on it, never stopped rolling since then. never stalled, nada. Just changed timing belt and water pump as needed and keep oil clean. Still saving me at 22mi/gal city and 30 mi/gal highway @ ave go 65 mi/hour. My daughter grew up in that car and is now practicing with it. Love it...love it...love it.

Best car ever built in history of the world!!!!!!
By rob190 on 03/09/11 10:36 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Bought new in 95' now has 200000 miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance, have had to replace brakes, axle boots, radiator, drivers interior door panel, engine mount,and that is it. 30mpg, can seat 7, 8 if you put 3 kids in the rear bench, drives like a car, has a fair amount of pep, versatile interior, comfortable driving position. I pray every night that Honda will make this exact van again. In 40 years of driving, I have never loved a car this much. I will never sell it, and would like to have it buried with me when I die. If this van was a woman, I would make tender love to it every night, and take romantic walks with it on the beach every morning.

Gotta Love it
By HLLS on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

We bought this with 56k miles on it. it has 199k now. This has been the most dependable car we have ever owned. I bought wife a Mazda van and parked it for 18 months till daughter was old enough to drive. Started right up, took it to mechanic who had to clean the nox valves to get it to pass emissions and charged the AC and it was back in perfect condition till the daughter totaled it. Airbags allowed to teenagers to walk away from almost head on collision. Right now I am pondering another 95 Odyssey with a blown transmission to put this tranny in because in 18 months I have another kid ready to drive!

15 years of purfect
By Gord on 06/16/10 14:29 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

Love my Honda. I bought it new in 95 and it's been a great little work horse. I've fixed little rust spots so they don't get away. Today it still looks like it last year's model. I've run it at 90 mph with no probs. Generally drive 70 - 75. It slows on take off with 4 passengers but it's well powered for 2 people. I see in reading other reviews I should do the timing belt. OK Next week. I'm at 150k miles. I had the ignition switch problem too. But the really big dangerous one is the ball joints. One upper let go at 140k. Watch out! It cost me $3000 in mechanical and body repairs. Lucky we had just slowed for a sharp turn at 20 mph.

Fonda 1995 Honda Odyssey
By Honda Mom on 12/08/09 05:49 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I bought this Odyssey in 1995 with 35k miles. In 2009 it has 240k miles. It has been a great car for my family on long trips, commuting, and car pooling with the extra pop up seats in back. My husband regularly changes the oil. Only normal wear and tear problems, nothing major. I love this car/van. No slider doors for me. I really wish Honda had stuck with the model the way it was. So much room in the back to move stuff. I love it so much I'm going to make 300,000! WHY did Honda have to change it? It was perfect to begin with.

Most reliable, astonishingly reliable
By belfastconfetti on 11/04/09 15:18 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan

This is the most reliable, least flaky car that I have ever owned. Seven seats in the Japanese configuration that I drive, often full, no trouble at all. MPG not great, comfort - OK, but reliable, reliable, reliable.

The Best Vehicle I've ever owned!
By Robert Ponce on 05/24/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

And, I've own a lot! American and foreign cars all by being in the Air Force. I used to buy and sell cars from military folks who were switching assignments to and from other bases. I worked on all makes and models on my last count approx 30 cars and a dozen motorcycles. I personally owned cars for no more than 2 years tops! Not until I bought this 1995 Odyssey in 01/1996 on a year end close out! I've had it now for over 12 years and it has 415,000 miles. None of my friends can believe that I'm still driving my white Honda Odyssey? I've only replaced the timing belt and master cylinder and CV Joints and about 6-7 sets of tires! I'm keeping her!

Best Van around for family of 4
By Great Van on 09/30/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

Wish they still built vans this size - Mazda finally made one with the Mazda5. Ours has 228k miles with only two problems in its history - brake master cylinder and radiator (plastic cap cracked - replaced with all metal double row HD model). Towed a pop-up camper, delivers 26+ mpg, comfortable, bullet proof reliability

1995 wonder car
By david knick on 03/15/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

i have 209000+ on my honda that had 52 miles when i bought it // runs like a top// on hwy @60 mph i have gotten 31mpg with cruise and "light braking and gas pedal// i have taken out both rear seats// plenty of room for luggage and shopping// car has been hit twice once in drivers side/fellow said he did not see red light// crush rear door and part of drivers//head on hit on drivers side // air bags went off// lucky guy i am

Great Find
By Josh on 06/12/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

My wife and I just purchased a 1995 Odyssey this past weekend and so far we love it. We were blessed to find one with only 95,000 miles and the owner before us kept the car immaculate! It looks brand new! We had a Nissan Xterra before (which we loved) but with two small children we were getting tired of packing them into the small back seat and then having no extra room. The Odyssey drives great and we really haven't been able to tell much difference between the 4cyl. in the Odyssey and the 6cyl. in the Xterra (yet). It's so much easier to see out of the big windows and it feels just as solid on the highway. We would highly recommend one to anyone who is looking.