1995 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Best car ever built in history of the world!!!!!!
By rob190 on 03/09/11 10:36 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Bought new in 95' now has 200000 miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance, have had to replace brakes, axle boots, radiator, drivers interior door panel, engine mount,and that is it. 30mpg, can seat 7, 8 if you put 3 kids in the rear bench, drives like a car, has a fair amount of pep, versatile interior, comfortable driving position. I pray every night that Honda will make this exact van again. In 40 years of driving, I have never loved a car this much. I will never sell it, and would like to have it buried with me when I die. If this van was a woman, I would make tender love to it every night, and take romantic walks with it on the beach every morning.

15 years of purfect
By Gord on 06/16/10 14:29 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Love my Honda. I bought it new in 95 and it's been a great little work horse. I've fixed little rust spots so they don't get away. Today it still looks like it last year's model. I've run it at 90 mph with no probs. Generally drive 70 - 75. It slows on take off with 4 passengers but it's well powered for 2 people. I see in reading other reviews I should do the timing belt. OK Next week. I'm at 150k miles. I had the ignition switch problem too. But the really big dangerous one is the ball joints. One upper let go at 140k. Watch out! It cost me $3000 in mechanical and body repairs. Lucky we had just slowed for a sharp turn at 20 mph.

Most reliable, astonishingly reliable
By belfastconfetti on 11/04/09 15:18 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This is the most reliable, least flaky car that I have ever owned. Seven seats in the Japanese configuration that I drive, often full, no trouble at all. MPG not great, comfort - OK, but reliable, reliable, reliable.

Best 95 Minivan
By NR1 on 10/26/05 03:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This is by far the best minivan made in '95. I love the exterior, looks like a half Civic half Accord wagon. The four door style is awesome,way better than sliding doors. The interior looks a lot like an Accord which is pretty cool. I've got almost 170k miles on mine and still running strong. It is my future project car, I am going to tune up to the max, hopefully win a lot of trophies in car shows. Gotta love these Honda's

Our Best Car for Family
By MJD on 03/04/05 22:47 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I've owned many autos, and this is the first I've kept for more than 75000 miles. It has never been non-operational in 10 years. The only costly repair has been to replace the air conditioner last year. I have kept the maintenance up to date. I love this car, and when I have to give it up it will be hard.

outstanding reliability
By Chris on 12/15/04 01:37 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

The Odyssey is a workhorse! Over 200,000 miles and the only reason I am no longer driving it is that I was hit by a dump truck (even then, I would not be surprised if it could keep running). Excellent mpg for a van and a more useful cargo carrier than most SUV's.

200 K on 95 EX -Still Strong & Reliable
By jjloveshondas on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

My 95 EX is being donated next week but only because another driver crashed into it. Timing Belts every 90K are critical, doesn't have to be done by Honda dealer DON't have to do the Water Pump. First Tuned and Brakes at 90K. Great used car value! Doesn't have tourqe for hills and the engine whines a bit but the passing and acceleration speed power is more than adequate for highway or around town driving. This car owes me nothing, best and lowest cost (in terms of repair) vehicle ever owned and we have almost one million miles of Honda driving!

1995 Odyssey
By Joe_Bob on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This vehicle was the first model year built of the Odyssey. It has been a great vehicle. Honda quality and reliability are demonstrated by this vehicle.

Glad to have it!
By zebra on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

We bought this Odyssey in 2002. It was our first minivan and I love it. I can not think of a reason why I'd wish for something different. Very easy to put our two girls into their carseats and haul a lot of "stuff" in the back. Even when we add a few friends in the flip up seat we still have room for a stroller and bags.

Alive in 95
By moonchild on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

I bought this Odyssey in 1998 with 45k miles. In 2003 it has 150k miles. It has been a dream except for the brakes/rotors which seem to wear out too soon and I live in the flat midwest. I did not have the oil changed as often as I should which has taken its toll on the engine but instead of purchasing a new Odyssey, I'm having this engine rebuilt. The newer Odysseys might be okay, but the body/style of the 95s are the best. WHY did Honda have to change it? It was perfect to begin with.