Used 1995 Honda Odyssey LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

My Good "ol Hondi
By zozing

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I will never sell my car. Very reliable and dependable. Just feed her with good oil and she is ready to roll! Bought as a demo model with 5000 miles on it, never stopped rolling since then. never stalled, nada. Just changed timing belt and water pump as needed and keep oil clean. Still saving me at 22mi/gal city and 30 mi/gal highway @ ave go 65 mi/hour. My daughter grew up in that car and is now practicing with it. Love it...love it...love it.

Style, spaciousness and agility

Can Honda make some more like this with new technology in it? If I can just add a bluetooth capability to it, I will be the luckiest owner!

Gotta Love it
By HLLS

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

We bought this with 56k miles on it. it has 199k now. This has been the most dependable car we have ever owned. I bought wife a Mazda van and parked it for 18 months till daughter was old enough to drive. Started right up, took it to mechanic who had to clean the nox valves to get it to pass emissions and charged the AC and it was back in perfect condition till the daughter totaled it. Airbags allowed to teenagers to walk away from almost head on collision. Right now I am pondering another 95 Odyssey with a blown transmission to put this tranny in because in 18 months I have another kid ready to drive!

drop back seat for luggage

Rear end always squeaked, never could figure that out! Road noise a little loud

Fonda 1995 Honda Odyssey
By Honda Mom

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I bought this Odyssey in 1995 with 35k miles. In 2009 it has 240k miles. It has been a great car for my family on long trips, commuting, and car pooling with the extra pop up seats in back. My husband regularly changes the oil. Only normal wear and tear problems, nothing major. I love this car/van. No slider doors for me. I really wish Honda had stuck with the model the way it was. So much room in the back to move stuff. I love it so much I'm going to make 300,000! WHY did Honda have to change it? It was perfect to begin with.

The Best Vehicle I've ever owned!
By Robert Ponce

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

And, I've own a lot! American and foreign cars all by being in the Air Force. I used to buy and sell cars from military folks who were switching assignments to and from other bases. I worked on all makes and models on my last count approx 30 cars and a dozen motorcycles. I personally owned cars for no more than 2 years tops! Not until I bought this 1995 Odyssey in 01/1996 on a year end close out! I've had it now for over 12 years and it has 415,000 miles. None of my friends can believe that I'm still driving my white Honda Odyssey? I've only replaced the timing belt and master cylinder and CV Joints and about 6-7 sets of tires! I'm keeping her!

I've used my van for my computer business and loaded it up to the brim after removing the back buckets and closing the magic seat and was very impressed with the capacity! I loaded up all my 12' 2X6 and 2X8 from home depot to build a 12' X 15' wood deck! cement bags, nails, tools. She only smiled!

Only thing Honda could have done to improve it was to make it float and add a propeller. It would make a excellent water craft as well! Also, Helicopter option would come in handy in Miami traffic!

Best Van around for family of 4
By Great Van

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Wish they still built vans this size - Mazda finally made one with the Mazda5. Ours has 228k miles with only two problems in its history - brake master cylinder and radiator (plastic cap cracked - replaced with all metal double row HD model). Towed a pop-up camper, delivers 26+ mpg, comfortable, bullet proof reliability

Great size - ideal for families of 4. Great MPG - around town 24+, hiway over 28, very reliable, stainless exhaust (never replaced), 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, great view

tachometer, metal radiators - please Honda - they all seem to go bad at 100- 150k miles. Luckily, aftermarket radiators are cheap, plentiful and easy to replace.