Used 1995 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
Good vehicle for the price
By dopsdad

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Purchased two years ago with 84K miles, (just because its a Honda) and it now has 125K. Ignition switch went bad, but I think that was a fluke and it cost less than $100 to fix. A/C developed a leak over the winter, but it has the R134a system which will keep repair costs down. All other mechanical parts work great. Two minor problems are broken cup holder and cracked arm rest on door that makes irritating noises. The best thing about this vehicle is that I'm never concerned about it breaking down. How do you put a price on peace of mind?

Favorite Features

Very reliable. Children can easily use rear doors without assistance. Good on gas for vehicle of its size. Fold down thrid seat is great for quick transitions. Second seat provides ample room for three people.

Suggested Improvements

Just a few more bells and whistles for comfort. A larger console for storage and holding drinks and other items would have been nice. I haven't been in the newer models, but I'm sure Honda has already improved this vehicle greatly.

Most reliable, astonishingly reliable
By belfastconfetti

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

This is the most reliable, least flaky car that I have ever owned. Seven seats in the Japanese configuration that I drive, often full, no trouble at all. MPG not great, comfort - OK, but reliable, reliable, reliable.

Favorite Features

Gives no trouble, keeps on going in spite of my failing to service it regularly, driving it carelessly, wife knocking it into pillars and curbs. Ace.

Suggested Improvements

The rear door leaks, which is annoying. A really bad stereo and a really awkward one to replace. Apart from that, nothing!

Gotta Love it
By HLLS

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

We bought this with 56k miles on it. it has 199k now. This has been the most dependable car we have ever owned. I bought wife a Mazda van and parked it for 18 months till daughter was old enough to drive. Started right up, took it to mechanic who had to clean the nox valves to get it to pass emissions and charged the AC and it was back in perfect condition till the daughter totaled it. Airbags allowed to teenagers to walk away from almost head on collision. Right now I am pondering another 95 Odyssey with a blown transmission to put this tranny in because in 18 months I have another kid ready to drive!

Favorite Features

drop back seat for luggage

Suggested Improvements

Rear end always squeaked, never could figure that out! Road noise a little loud

Very Satisfied
By Steve S.

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

Just got this car in a private deal from a couple who kept up with regular maintenance. So far it has been a great car to drive and I have had no complaints. Took it on vacation and really love the flip down rear seat. I may never buy another american van again.

Favorite Features

Rear seat that flips into the floor!

Suggested Improvements

Would have been better to have a slightly bigger engine, but if it keeps going like this who cares.

15 years of purfect
By Gord

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Love my Honda. I bought it new in 95 and it's been a great little work horse. I've fixed little rust spots so they don't get away. Today it still looks like it last year's model. I've run it at 90 mph with no probs. Generally drive 70 - 75. It slows on take off with 4 passengers but it's well powered for 2 people. I see in reading other reviews I should do the timing belt. OK Next week. I'm at 150k miles. I had the ignition switch problem too. But the really big dangerous one is the ball joints. One upper let go at 140k. Watch out! It cost me $3000 in mechanical and body repairs. Lucky we had just slowed for a sharp turn at 20 mph.

Favorite Features

removable seats. It's so easy to shampoo the carpets. The a/c has never been touched and still blows cool. The style is ageless.

Suggested Improvements

Tint the windows. Very flashy on a white minivan.