Used 1995 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

My Good "ol Hondi
By zozing

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I will never sell my car. Very reliable and dependable. Just feed her with good oil and she is ready to roll! Bought as a demo model with 5000 miles on it, never stopped rolling since then. never stalled, nada. Just changed timing belt and water pump as needed and keep oil clean. Still saving me at 22mi/gal city and 30 mi/gal highway @ ave go 65 mi/hour. My daughter grew up in that car and is now practicing with it. Love it...love it...love it.

Style, spaciousness and agility

Can Honda make some more like this with new technology in it? If I can just add a bluetooth capability to it, I will be the luckiest owner!

Best car ever built in history of the world!!!!!!
By rob190

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Bought new in 95' now has 200000 miles on it. Aside from routine maintenance, have had to replace brakes, axle boots, radiator, drivers interior door panel, engine mount,and that is it. 30mpg, can seat 7, 8 if you put 3 kids in the rear bench, drives like a car, has a fair amount of pep, versatile interior, comfortable driving position. I pray every night that Honda will make this exact van again. In 40 years of driving, I have never loved a car this much. I will never sell it, and would like to have it buried with me when I die. If this van was a woman, I would make tender love to it every night, and take romantic walks with it on the beach every morning.

Fuel economy, reliability, versatility. Drives like a car. This is the greatest car the world has ever known.

Honda, please,please,please,please,please make this car again. Make an exact carbon copy, change nothing, nothing!!!! Nothing you made before, or since is this cars equal. I beg of you, please make this car again. I am not joking, I would buy one for each of my children, and one for my wife, and one for me.

Gotta Love it
By HLLS

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

We bought this with 56k miles on it. it has 199k now. This has been the most dependable car we have ever owned. I bought wife a Mazda van and parked it for 18 months till daughter was old enough to drive. Started right up, took it to mechanic who had to clean the nox valves to get it to pass emissions and charged the AC and it was back in perfect condition till the daughter totaled it. Airbags allowed to teenagers to walk away from almost head on collision. Right now I am pondering another 95 Odyssey with a blown transmission to put this tranny in because in 18 months I have another kid ready to drive!

drop back seat for luggage

Rear end always squeaked, never could figure that out! Road noise a little loud

15 years of purfect
By Gord

1995 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan

Love my Honda. I bought it new in 95 and it's been a great little work horse. I've fixed little rust spots so they don't get away. Today it still looks like it last year's model. I've run it at 90 mph with no probs. Generally drive 70 - 75. It slows on take off with 4 passengers but it's well powered for 2 people. I see in reading other reviews I should do the timing belt. OK Next week. I'm at 150k miles. I had the ignition switch problem too. But the really big dangerous one is the ball joints. One upper let go at 140k. Watch out! It cost me $3000 in mechanical and body repairs. Lucky we had just slowed for a sharp turn at 20 mph.

removable seats. It's so easy to shampoo the carpets. The a/c has never been touched and still blows cool. The style is ageless.

Tint the windows. Very flashy on a white minivan.

Fonda 1995 Honda Odyssey
By Honda Mom

1995 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan

I bought this Odyssey in 1995 with 35k miles. In 2009 it has 240k miles. It has been a great car for my family on long trips, commuting, and car pooling with the extra pop up seats in back. My husband regularly changes the oil. Only normal wear and tear problems, nothing major. I love this car/van. No slider doors for me. I really wish Honda had stuck with the model the way it was. So much room in the back to move stuff. I love it so much I'm going to make 300,000! WHY did Honda have to change it? It was perfect to begin with.