Had to have Another
By gillie108 on
2013 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought my wife a 2011 Honda Insight. As of now she has 23746 miles and has purchased 533.715 gallons of gas(yes, we record Odom-trip-# of gal-price per gal and date). Currently getting 44.49 mpg and that is actual all driving mpg! I was so impressed I traded in my Chevy HHR for my own 2012 Insight. As of now my Insight has 13818 miles on 305.667 gallons for 45.20 actual MPG and that is city and highway combined! Yes the AC turns off when I sit at a red light. I drive from the NJ suburbs to block b4 the Holland Tunnel, so my ride isn't smooth sailings! The ride in my Insight makes this commute bearable.
Favorite Features
MPG is outstanding. Good sound system. The hybrid system is much easier to understand than that of the Prius. Driving my Insight has become a video game. Trying to maximize the hybrid system for optimum MPG's. My last 4 fill ups have all 427.1 miles on 9.359 gal, 426.9 on 8.679, 424.5 on 9.304 and 446.3 on 8.752 gallons of 87 octane gasoline. The less a rush I am in the higher my mileage Better pick up than my Chevy HHR.
Suggested Improvements
The back seating has little room. The AC does shut down when I am behind a red light. I am going to try to turn off ECON when this happens to see if it keeps the AC on. Should be able to insert a pictures on a cd to be displayed on the navigation screen on the 2011 Insight. When the navigation isn't used in place of seeing what appears to be space (black with starts), would be like a screen saver.