LOVE my 2011 EX Insight
By rjbjr5 on
2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
The main reason I love the Honda Insight is the gas mileage I'm getting. I had a 2006 Pacifica, getting 18-19 MPGs... now I average about 42 MPG just running errands and back & forth to work. Drove to NH & back and got 48.6 MPGs - calculated manually (miles/gallons). I am saving at least 1/2 my monthy car payment in gas each month! Driving it is fun & feels sturdy... it's a smooth ride and I never can tell when transitioning from gas to battery etc. Since this is only the 2nd year of the new Insight, I'm really hoping the engine etc. is made as well as all other Hondas and will last just as long... time will tell.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage is awesome! The dash is very stylish. The body style is really cute and sort of sporty... I get compliments all the time. I love the little computer screen that tells you how economically you are driving, how many miles remain in the gas tank of gas, average speed, when it's using battery, when gas... etc. etc. This car has taught me to drive more economically... I only got about 38-39 MPG on the first tank of gas but as I paid attention to keeping the monitor out of the 'uneconomic boxes' I have gotten great MPGs... I am a much more relaxed driver now.
Suggested Improvements
1 Better lumbar support in the front seats. My husbands basic model Accord has GREAT lumbar support... more comfortable than the Insight. I also wish the enterior material felt more sturdy... the fabric on the doors, ceiling and floor covering seem very cheap... but maybe that is how they got the price down so much lower than the Toyota Prius. Another thing that surprises me is that I have the EX top model and do not have lighted vanity mirrors, yet my husbands basic model Accord does... I think that is odd they didn't include those with the top model.