Quigz Review
By quigz on
2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I traded in a 2004 Pontiac GTO! I had a 5.7 liter V8 gas monster, and traded this in for a gas saver. I don't care to much about being green, I care about saving money, and the Insight allows me to do just that in gas. I love this car! I save so much money in gas it is unreal. I have a 10 gallon gas tank and get over 60 MPG! I get triple the gas mileage now. I get $30 in gas every seven days as opposed to $45 every three days. I am using a solar panel now to increase my MPG's [violative content deleted]
Favorite Features
Obviously my favorite feature is the amount of gas money I save, however, the awesome dashboard is another decent fetcher I get complimented on all the time. I also enjoy the paddle shifters, with the combination of the aerodynamic look and paddle shifters, as poor as I am, it is the closest I am getting to the Lamborghini. This car is also cheaper then the Prius which is a no brainer. The auto stop function is awesome and saves a TON of gas!
Suggested Improvements
I personally added solar panels to my Insight to further increase my gas mileage. [violative content deleted] I think Honda needs to, at least, make it an option to add solar panels connected directly to the IMA battery. The more power you have, the more gas money you save. By adding solar panels to my Insight, I increased my MPG's by at least 10%. I spent $50 bucks, and after 6 tanks of gas I start seeing a return in gas money. The other improvement I would make is the speakers... The factory speakers SUCK for bass.
By rjbjr5
on 05/31/11 11:04 AM (PDT)

I would love to know what you are talking about, solar panels? On a car??? Can you tell me? does Honda install them?