2011 Honda Insight Consumer Review: Enjoying my '11 EX Insight

2011 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Review

Enjoying my '11 EX Insight
By benjiej on

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK, I had a 2010 Insight LX, but only for a few months. There were many things I didn't like, but most of them were due to features I had given up by choosing the LX instead of the EX. I have been driving the 2011 EX for about a month and I am much happier with this car. Some of this is subjective, but it seems to drive better than the 2010, the transitions from electric to gas aren't as noticeable (the 2010 shuddered annoyingly), the Auto Stop engages for longer periods at stop lights, and of course I love the features the EX offers over the LX. (note that the 2011 LX has gained many features that my 2010 did not have). For the way I drive it's a great car.

Favorite Features

Improved Auto Stop from 2010, smoother transition from electric to gas, good audio system with USB, great safety features. And yes, I really like the way it looks. I don't understand complaints about road noise. It's certainly much quieter on the highway than my previous Honda Fit. I don't find the ride to be harsh at all (another common complaint). I've always driven small cars and actually like feedback from the road, maybe some people want to feel more isolation, I don't.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are too small and there aren't enough of them. The holders in the inside of the doors are only good for small water bottles. I can't believe they couldn't have designed the car with better rear headroom, but 99% of my driving is with no one in back seat so it's not a huge concern.