2011 Honda Insight 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic w/Navigation Consumer Review - A fun hybrid? Go figure

2011 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A fun hybrid? Go figure
By msbella on

I am thrilled with this car! I bought it for a year-long 220-mile round-trip commute that would have been miserable and expensive in most other cars but was actually pleasant in this one thanks to the comfort, handling, and iPod connection. The front-wheel drive also got me home safely during an epic blizzard last winter. After 32,000 miles in 18 months, and now commuting 60 miles round-trip on a winding rural road, I can still say I love this car, as do my growing kids and two big dogs. I'm averaging 45 mpg across all conditions and terrains, and the 12,000-mile oil changes are nice, too. One change I did make for my rural area was wider tires, which are more durable and widely available.

Favorite Features

Exterior profile, iPod connection, mileage, spacious hatch area, real-time mileage indicator (which has changed my driving habits for the better!)

Suggested Improvements

After 18 months I still haven't gotten used to the air temperature and other climate settings.