2011 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Exceeded my expectations
By chaffstealth on 08/18/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to have a small fuel-efficient car that also fits my budget and the 2011 Honda Insight LX is just the perfect car. I narrowed down my choices to either a Fit, Ford Fiesta, and Insight. My decision to buy the Insight was because of outstanding advertised MPG. So far in the last couple of weeks I actually get to average 45 mpg mostly city driving. It is also a fun car to drive. A hybrid for $20K under is a steal! CONS: For taller people the headroom will be a challenge.

Great car
By jakata on 07/28/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Insight for a week now and I'm very pleased. Very comfortable, I don't notice much road noise as mentioned in the Edmund review. Although it's a very small car it has a excellent ride and feel of a much larger car. I'm getting 45 mpg with air on all the time. I love it's looks and feel. After researching every car out there I feel I made an excellent decision.

Honda Insight Delivers Fun & Savings
By rfbronk1 on 06/26/11 21:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like my Honda Insight EX in polished metal. I am getting better than 40 MPG and what I really like it how well it drives. I like the hatch feature and the styling. The Insight is just sharp and it works nicely. I like the ECO feature - when you stop in traffic it just stops! I tried the Prius but found the Insight to just be more fun. Also - the Insight EX is a much better value. I am very pleased with my choice.

LOVE my 2011 EX Insight
By rjbjr5 on 05/31/11 11:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The main reason I love the Honda Insight is the gas mileage I'm getting. I had a 2006 Pacifica, getting 18-19 MPGs... now I average about 42 MPG just running errands and back & forth to work. Drove to NH & back and got 48.6 MPGs - calculated manually (miles/gallons). I am saving at least 1/2 my monthy car payment in gas each month! Driving it is fun & feels sturdy... it's a smooth ride and I never can tell when transitioning from gas to battery etc. Since this is only the 2nd year of the new Insight, I'm really hoping the engine etc. is made as well as all other Hondas and will last just as long... time will tell.

Honda Insight Base
By steve190 on 04/29/11 04:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun car for the money, yeah you won't win any races with it but that is not what it was designed for. If you are looking for a car that is reasonably fun to drive and great on gas if you drive it right check out the Insight. You can do better on mileage with the Prius but you will also pay more for it and in my opinion the Honda drives and handles much better. Try them both and decide for yourself. Excellent value for a hybrid! Loving it so far!

Quigz Review
By quigz on 03/23/11 23:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a 2004 Pontiac GTO! I had a 5.7 liter V8 gas monster, and traded this in for a gas saver. I don't care to much about being green, I care about saving money, and the Insight allows me to do just that in gas. I love this car! I save so much money in gas it is unreal. I have a 10 gallon gas tank and get over 60 MPG! I get triple the gas mileage now. I get $30 in gas every seven days as opposed to $45 every three days. I am using a solar panel now to increase my MPG's [violative content deleted]

Best Bang For Your Buck!
By mikeyt1818 on 02/22/11 05:57 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I get better MPG's than EPA estimates (45.2 w/ mixed driving and AC always on). Great steering/handling! Awesome safety features, reliable. ITS NOT A PRIUS! Lol! Nothing against Toyota but way too many Prius drivers out there. I prefer to be distinct!

Enjoying my '11 EX Insight
By benjiej on 01/20/11 22:20 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK, I had a 2010 Insight LX, but only for a few months. There were many things I didn't like, but most of them were due to features I had given up by choosing the LX instead of the EX. I have been driving the 2011 EX for about a month and I am much happier with this car. Some of this is subjective, but it seems to drive better than the 2010, the transitions from electric to gas aren't as noticeable (the 2010 shuddered annoyingly), the Auto Stop engages for longer periods at stop lights, and of course I love the features the EX offers over the LX. (note that the 2011 LX has gained many features that my 2010 did not have). For the way I drive it's a great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Insight in VA is:

$115 per month*