17K Miles later...
By nickdapit on
2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
So far I couldn't ask for much more from the car, I bought the car specificlly for my job as I drive large stretches of the country. My latest trip took me from Los Angeles to Denver; then Denver to Seattle; then Seattle back to Los Angeles. I have had no problems with the car and average the EPA estimate for driving. (42 mpg) The only thing that dissappoints me is the rear seat area, a six foot man cannot fit even with a 5 foot driver in the front seat. Headroom is almost ridiculous to the point where Honda should have just made an inch or two higher for the rear seats even if that cost the vehicle 2 mpg's overall! The leg room is very tight in the rear. Don't buy if family is large.
Favorite Features
A/C location is very driver friendly and it is fun to learn how to drive the car for excellent MPG. The vehicle is not like the Prius where the car gets you the great gas mileage, you need to learn through the nstrument clusters how to apply the appropriate pressure to the gas pedal to get the desired MPG. If you drive like "Miss Daisy" you can easily get 45-48 MPG however I drive very normal and get 42 MPG which I think is well worth not being honked at and glared at... :)
Suggested Improvements
Rear headroom and legroom was very dissapointing and if I had to do it over again I would probably not purchase the vehicle do to this issue, as I would like to be able to fit in the backseat of my own car as I am a 6'2" 180 lbs. male. Was hoping this car could be used for family reasons after my job usage however I do not know how this car will comfortably move two kids. Otherwise Honda has a winner and I may become a Honda owner for life as this was my first Honda and I am alread sold on the reliability, I have driven this car through two snowstorms in Colorado and Oregon and had no issues or concerns.