Used 2011 Honda Insight LX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Money saver
By barbarossa3

2011 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had our insight for 10 months now and have been completely satisfied with the car. We normally achieve 43-46 mpg CITY ! At 75 on an interstate it drops to 40 MPG but I usually get 50-53 on a 55 mph highway. Some routes to work net me 53 mpg city. We replaced a 4.2 litre Ford Freestar which gave 17-19 mpg city and are saving the entire car payment in cost savings. Free Car!! Ride is a little rough and firm as new cars go(typical for Honda). Interior on LX is a little too plastic. Blind spots are awful in traffic.

Favorite Features

Love the fuel economy and the computer display. Interior is comfortable for driver if a bit firm. Nice design inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Rear view blind spots are really bad. Careful looks before lane change often result in a horn blast from one you couldn't see. Wife drives the car daily and feels she has adjusted to it. I would consider replacing side mirrors with cameras for better view and better MPG. Looking into CNG conversion for even more savings.

Exceeded my expectations
By chaffstealth

I wanted to have a small fuel-efficient car that also fits my budget and the 2011 Honda Insight LX is just the perfect car. I narrowed down my choices to either a Fit, Ford Fiesta, and Insight. My decision to buy the Insight was because of outstanding advertised MPG. So far in the last couple of weeks I actually get to average 45 mpg mostly city driving. It is also a fun car to drive. A hybrid for $20K under is a steal! CONS: For taller people the headroom will be a challenge.

Favorite Features

ECON Button Feature, Fuel Efficiency, USB port in the LX model.

Suggested Improvements

I think the Cruise Control Feature should be a standard for the base models.