2011 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Money saver
By barbarossa3 on 02/24/12 19:10 PM (PST)

2011 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had our insight for 10 months now and have been completely satisfied with the car. We normally achieve 43-46 mpg CITY ! At 75 on an interstate it drops to 40 MPG but I usually get 50-53 on a 55 mph highway. Some routes to work net me 53 mpg city. We replaced a 4.2 litre Ford Freestar which gave 17-19 mpg city and are saving the entire car payment in cost savings. Free Car!! Ride is a little rough and firm as new cars go(typical for Honda). Interior on LX is a little too plastic. Blind spots are awful in traffic.

Exceeded my expectations
By chaffstealth on 08/18/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

I wanted to have a small fuel-efficient car that also fits my budget and the 2011 Honda Insight LX is just the perfect car. I narrowed down my choices to either a Fit, Ford Fiesta, and Insight. My decision to buy the Insight was because of outstanding advertised MPG. So far in the last couple of weeks I actually get to average 45 mpg mostly city driving. It is also a fun car to drive. A hybrid for $20K under is a steal! CONS: For taller people the headroom will be a challenge.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Insight Hatchback in VA is:

$123 per month*