Used 2011 Honda Insight LX Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

One of the best cars I have ever owned.
By Chris P

2011 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Insight is hands down one of the best cars I have ever owned. I own and operate a small courier business and drive over 40,000 miles a year and this car never stops impressing me. Even at 148,000 miles this car has never asked for anything except basic maintenence and one set of front brakes. The ride and handeling are very good for the cost of the vehicle and the driver's seat is exceedingly comfortable even for long trips. It is a basic car in terms of luxury but it has a lot of nice features that overall make it comfortable, and the handeling and overall driving experience is impressive for a vehicle I'm this price range. I always get better mpg than the car is rated for without really trying. You get a lot for your money with this vehicle.

Money saver
By barbarossa3

2011 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had our insight for 10 months now and have been completely satisfied with the car. We normally achieve 43-46 mpg CITY ! At 75 on an interstate it drops to 40 MPG but I usually get 50-53 on a 55 mph highway. Some routes to work net me 53 mpg city. We replaced a 4.2 litre Ford Freestar which gave 17-19 mpg city and are saving the entire car payment in cost savings. Free Car!! Ride is a little rough and firm as new cars go(typical for Honda). Interior on LX is a little too plastic. Blind spots are awful in traffic.

Love the fuel economy and the computer display. Interior is comfortable for driver if a bit firm. Nice design inside and out.

Rear view blind spots are really bad. Careful looks before lane change often result in a horn blast from one you couldn't see. Wife drives the car daily and feels she has adjusted to it. I would consider replacing side mirrors with cameras for better view and better MPG. Looking into CNG conversion for even more savings.

Exceeded my expectations
By chaffstealth

2011 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to have a small fuel-efficient car that also fits my budget and the 2011 Honda Insight LX is just the perfect car. I narrowed down my choices to either a Fit, Ford Fiesta, and Insight. My decision to buy the Insight was because of outstanding advertised MPG. So far in the last couple of weeks I actually get to average 45 mpg mostly city driving. It is also a fun car to drive. A hybrid for $20K under is a steal!

CONS: For taller people the headroom will be a challenge.

ECON Button Feature, Fuel Efficiency, USB port in the LX model.

I think the Cruise Control Feature should be a standard for the base models.