2011 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Basic down to earth hybrid
By readykilowatt on 05/08/14 08:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have owned our 2010 insight for three years and have 37,000 miles on it. The professional reviews are right in that it is a lot like the early Japanese cars that were on the market in the 70's which were very reliable but very basic in design. If you want a reliable small cars for commuting back and forth, it is a great purchase. We use it to go back and forth to town and it gets us about 50 mpg as it seems to love going about 50 mph. Yes it rides a little hard and is short on sound insulation but for what we use it for, it's ideal. I wouldn't use it for a long drive though. We'll be passing it on to the children and probably getting another the last year of production.

One month review
By mattwc1 on 04/29/13 17:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First off, many hybrid owners get a bad (yet well deserved) rap of being," holier than thou" when it comes to the environmental impact of their cars. Let's dismiss some myths. Hybrids Do NOT save the world or the environment (one look at mining practices for the metals to make up the various batteries will easily disprove that) . Sorry to dash the hopes of the misinformed. Hybrids DO help in saving significant amounts in your fuel expenditures. More importantly, hybrids do allow the user to save fuel while still being able to use the existing infrastructure. (rant off) I bought my base 2011 Insight to replace a very nice 2009 Rav4. It has in over 1000 miles already saved fuel costs by 1/2.

Better car than it looks on paper
By mike579 on 02/19/12 11:31 AM (PST)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I do a 40 mile highway commute on weekdays and some city driving on weekends. By my own calculations, I get an honest 50 miles per gallon. The dashboard readouts give you the information you need to modify your driving style to maximize MPG. I see people complain about a noisy car, but that's not my experience. It's quiet on the freeway. It will get noisy on a rough roads or if you stomp on the gas pedal. The interior is a little plasticy, but it still looks clean and functional. Because of the car styling, the car has larger blind spots than I would like.

Great car
By jakata on 07/28/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Insight for a week now and I'm very pleased. Very comfortable, I don't notice much road noise as mentioned in the Edmund review. Although it's a very small car it has a excellent ride and feel of a much larger car. I'm getting 45 mpg with air on all the time. I love it's looks and feel. After researching every car out there I feel I made an excellent decision.

Honda Insight Base
By steve190 on 04/29/11 04:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun car for the money, yeah you won't win any races with it but that is not what it was designed for. If you are looking for a car that is reasonably fun to drive and great on gas if you drive it right check out the Insight. You can do better on mileage with the Prius but you will also pay more for it and in my opinion the Honda drives and handles much better. Try them both and decide for yourself. Excellent value for a hybrid! Loving it so far!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda Insight in VA is:

$115 per month*