2010 Honda Insight: Top Five Attributes
February 01, 2010
Donna occasionally does her "Ten Things I Like About You" posts for various cars. I've got five for the Insight. I thought about doing ten, but that seemed like a bit of a stretch. Still, these are pretty good ones.
1. Best fuel economy in the long term fleet -- It's averaging 38.7 mpg, better than anything else currently active.
2. Easy to drive -- The Insight's light steering, unobtrusive CVT (with shift paddles) and small footprint make it well suited for urban driving.
3. Futuristic instrument panel design -- The rest of the interior might be underwhelming, but the IP is just plain cool.
4. Useful drive aids -- The colored band behind the speedometer, along other aids, helps uninitiated drivers understand how to drive for better fuel economy.
5. It's not a Prius -- For those suffering from Toyota Prius burnout, it's likely the best alternative.
Brent Romans, Senior Automotive Editor @ 11,625 miles