Great car for the money
By Gill on
2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have had this car for just over 3 months now. This is the first Honda I have bought,I usually own toyota's. I bought this car because I have a new job that I commute 60 miles a day on the highway. Honda had a $5000 rebate on the car, and my Province was giving $2000 environmental rebate. I compared the price of the Yaris and Corolla to the insight, and once I added options like A/C,P/W, cruise, AT, etc. with the rebates the insight was cheaper. The car is great to drive, the dash and gadgets are great. I drove my wife's 2005 loaded rav4 for a week, and I missed my insight big time. This car is made so the working person can afford a hybrid, and provides great fuel economy, & it delivers.
Favorite Features
I like the over all design inside and out. The dash is cool, I like the idea you can gauge your skills in saving fuel. The operating layout is great to adjust cruise, brightness control, ECO mode, etc. cup holders work well. Seat and Steering wheel adjustments work well (I'm short).
Suggested Improvements
Map light above rear view mirror would be nice, instead of reaching in the middle of the car to turn on the light. I almost lost my outside roof molding, it was easy to reinstall. Curious I have 9000 KM (5000 miles) and I my oil check is still at 60%, Usually I change oil at 5000 KM, is this right?