Pleasant Surprise, Insight on the Rise
By luna9 on
2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I came about the 2010 Insight EX-Navi while searching for a new Honda Accord. Being in the market for a quality sedan with decent mpg and storage, I was surprised to learn that the Insight was priced so reasonably ... and had excellent storage capacity. To be honest I completely forgot about the re-release of this Honda hybrid (Prius has earned the preeminent hybrid spotlight). However, the Honda Insight deserves more than a second glance with it's svelte interior, responsive driving experience, and higher-than-stated EPA actual gas mileage. Price all of these features a minimum of $2,200 kess AND put in a Honda package you can trust and you've got a steal for a hybrid hatchback under $20k.
Favorite Features
The mech/elec feedback via the Multi-Informational-Display (MID) and the instrument cluster is very helpful and makes for a fun driving experience. The center-set MID and cluster gives you real-time data about your driving habits that doesn't feel different from driving a regular car. This goes for performance too. I can zip in and out of traffic or sit back and save gas, the hybrid motor and CVT meshes well with real life. My actual gas mileage is above the EPA rated 40/43 which makes my financing feel even more miniscule with my gas savings. Bluetooth and voice commands work well, and when coupled with Navi I feel that I got a bargain in my automotive badge of choice. Highly recommended!
Suggested Improvements
Back-up camera, at least as an option, would be nice. I purchased a reasonable aftermarket model easily. Would love to see a plug-in version to enable maximization of battery charging and further improve performance. Only major improvement I would see is marketing the vehicle better. The 2010 Insight performs so well at this price point and demands some serious consideration if you're financially forecasting for the days of $5/gal fuel.