2010 Honda Insight 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Love my Insight but not

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

Love my Insight but not unconditionally!
By tutusue on

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

14 months/4000 miles! After a lifetime of German cars and much research I decided on the Insight, my first hybrid, and I don't regret that decision for a minute. My driving is probably 90% city and, of that, 95% is flat terrain. The only regular incline is the first 50' of my condo's parking garage entrance. My mpg pales in comparison to others and averages a little under 35. However, my previous car averaged about 15 so I feel I'm still way ahead of the game! Yes, the "get up 'n go" got up and went but that's part of the hybrid/higher mpg experience. I'm not picky about handling as long as the car feels safe and, for me, the Insight does. I'll re-up at the end of my lease!

Favorite Features

fun to drive... mileage... no more "sticker shock" at the gas pump... the video game experience!... auto stop (even in a tropical climate!)... eco assist... drivers seat; lumber support hits me in exactly the right place... A/C... USB connection/easy iPod usage... fold down rear seats... low maintenance... ESC (the reason I chose the EX over the LX)

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer location (biggest negative for me); it's completely obscured by the steering wheel and I can't adjust the seat high enough or low enough to see it. It should be located within the display... Major blind spots to the rear... Front cup holder location (cups easily hit the bottom of the dashboard which causes them to tilt forward)... Center console too short to comfortably rest arm... Wishes: sunroof more color choices