2010 Honda Insight 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - I'm liking it but...

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

I'm liking it but...
By dweiser on

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I also own a 2009 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi so my comments will include that comparison. An all electric vehicle/plug-in vehicle will fit my driving habits (short trips) perfectly and either the Insight or the Fit will leave when a decent one is available. I've had the Insight for about 3 weeks and I have to admit the look of it continues to grow on me. Like some I never thought it unsightly at first but I like its looks more each day. I hit my head getting out sometimes and I'm only 5' 9". I really miss having the stereo (loudness) controls on the steering wheel like the Fit. I'm only getting 37 m.p.g. with ECO button on and careful driving. My Fit gets 34 so I hope this improves soon.

Favorite Features

Looks, knowing I'm driving a Hybrid, it's a Honda so should be bullet-proof, fairly comfortable ride. The Fit doesn't show the outside temp., the Insight does. I like that ESC comes standard on the EX w/o having to get the Navi; w/the Fit you have to get Navi to get ESC.

Suggested Improvements

Height seat adjustment would be nice, Fit has it and it's a less expensive vehicle. They MUST put stereo controls (volume) on the steering wheel. The vehicle has very little get up & go and yes, I do know it's a hybrid but still.