Great little car for the price
By ledeof01 on
2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is a great little car for the price. Don't take any notice of cost comparisons as the often compare it to a Honda Fit. This car is much bigger than the Fit. It's closer to the Civic. I love the instrument display which can be customized. Fuel economy is great. I do mostly stop/start town driving and still get around 40 mpg average. On long trips, I have easily managed over 50 mpg highway averaging 65 mph. Visibility is poor but that's typical of most small cars these days as they increase pillar sizes for better crash safety.
Favorite Features
Instrument panel Climate Control Fuel Economy Customizable setting such as door locks, remote, etc. Large trunk for a small car with easy access (large hatchback door).
Suggested Improvements
The speedo is on top of the dash. You can't see it with the steering wheel adjusted to the highest setting. No hook anchors for drivers floor mat. 1.3 liter engine is slightly underpowered. Needs a 1.5 liter engine. No security cover to hide items in the trunk. The body panels (aluminum, I think) seem very thin and prone to dings. You can't go in a car wash because the rubber roof rack rails come off (and scratch the paint as they do so). Scheduled maintenance is very expensive. I paid $83.85 for the first "A1" serivice @ 6284 miles and $136.81 for the next "B1" service @ 9654 miles. In comparison, I've never paid more than $100 for any service for my Toyota Matrix S with 25k miles