2010 Honda Insight Consumer Review: Driving 100 Miles a Day

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

2010 Honda Insight

LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Driving 100 Miles a Day
By Rick from Woodstock on

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Insight for less than a month, but I drive 100 miles every weekday and I've already driven on highways, in mountains, and in NY City. I feel I can now rave about how much I love this car (and not just because my monthly gasoline bill will be half of my gas bill for the 2000 VW Golf I traded in). Others in these reviews have complained about the auto stop feature, but I'm a fan. I like the idea that my engine isn't idling for no reason when I'm sitting at a long red light. The first time it happens you might thing you have stalled, but by the second time it happens, it just seems cool.

I'm averaging 49.5 MPG over the first 2,000 miles, but I'm having fun driving this car too. I love the looks (mine is Tango Red Pearl) and the low seating position. The gauges are fun as well as informative and the interior is clean with no frills, just the way I like it.

This is the first car I've had since 1980 without a sunroof or moonroof. I'd love the option of having a hole above my head (even though it does hurt the MPG). Otherwise, it's got everything I need.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review