Used 2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

The Car that refunds money at the pomp
By walt

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 40,000 miles on the car now and drive 2000 to 7000 miles on trips. I would like a seat that is not so uncomfortable. But the 42 lo in town and 54 (as Hi as 57 hi) on the road is better than expected. On road trips it is always over 52 mpg. So, is it worth it? YES but comfort could improve. Also, a turbo or some additional power is needed.

Fuel miles

Seat comfort and more engine horse power along with a style that is not so, "eco" would be real nice.

Great car for the price!
By ThreeHondaFamily

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

An excellent economy car overall. Many of the observations made by others are true: The motor is buzzy at high RPM. ECON mode turns it into a total slug. Forget using this mode if you live in a hilly area. I do, and I leave it turned off and shift into Sport mode almost exclusively. Even so, I'm still averaging 39 MPG. A worthy sacrifice for improved pep. Handling is good for a car with tires that skinny. The styling is pleasing and it draws positive attention from onlookers. There's a lot of hard plastic in the interior. Some slightly softer surfaces might have been nice. Predictable Honda road noise, but hey, it's a $19k car, not a Lexus. Overall, I'm very pleased.

Fuel Economy, Styling. Acceptable acceleration for a hybrid (as long as ECON mode is off.)

Radio sounds a bit tinny. Roof line impossibly low in the backseat for anyone over 5' 11". Cup holders in the front, just under the dash are spill inducers. Less hard plastic please. The less expensive Honda Fit has a more pleasing interior.

Bang for the buck
By seahurst

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have now driven a year. Previously had a Toyota Celica for 20 yrs. Toyota service locally had gone downhill, so looked at the Honda. More care for the money. I like the fact that the car starts from gasoline power versus the battery. You give up a couple of miles per gallon, but I like getting out of dodge from a dead stop. Auto-Stop takes some getting used - when you change the temp, you have reset Auto- Stop. Minor issue. I hope the paint holds up as well as my Toyota did.

lower the sideboards - you have to pick up your feet fairly high as you enter and exit the car to avoid hitting the interior finish. It seems to be holding up to everyone's feet scraping across the top.

The Car That ONLY Last 6 Months!
By Liz

I have had my Insight for almost a year. I love the lights in the inside and the cool gadgets within the car. There is just one major problem! The car completely falls apart. I can take apart ever piece of my car without any muscle used. Between the water protective rubber around the windows and car.. to the visors and handle bars within the cars. The paint job is poor and the car always feels like is having a hard time slowing down. Not the smoothest ride. The back ceiling is very low. Too low in fact.

I love the speedometer and how the lights tell you if your using gas or battery power. I do enjoy the sound system.

Make the back seats bigger, take more times to put the parts of the car together more securely.

Better Than Advertised
By Climatechanger

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just filled up for the first time with my Honda Insight. 9 gallons even on 485 miles. That's nearly 53.9 MPG! I am very pleased with the mileage. I watch the iP screens like a hawk and drive to maximize my mileage. It's my new hobby and it's fun. I won't win any drag races, but when gasoline hits 4 bucks a gallon I won't care so much.

The ECON mode, all the iP windows, the GREAT gas mileage, green - blue eyebrow on the speedometer (helps keep you drive economically at a glance - keep it in the green). Mp3 disk player, iPod AUX jack and USB.

Moon roof, leather upholstery, garage door remote buttons.