2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
good car
By Twee on 05/31/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got mine for 2 months already. Love the fuel economy. I was able to do avg of 50 mpg, compare to my previous rav4, I do average of 60-70 miles daily to work. I should save $1000 per year on gas, nice small vacation trip with that saving. The car is good as transportation to work, but don't expect to do any racing with it, since the horse power on this car is very small. Love the car.

Nice for the price but needs improvement
By Peter O on 05/29/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very low depreciation makes lease payments as low as much cheaper entry level vehicles. Build quality is better then other cars under $20k but still needs improvement. The rubber weather strip molding along the roof keep falling off. The body panels seem to be very delicate. Just stare at them and they'll get a ding. I feel like it won't age well. The paint finish is just OK. I noticed several imperfections while waxing it. The interior is nice but again, doesn't seem to be hard wearing. The Auto Stop is annoying and despite the many custom settings in the computer, it cannot be disabled. Steering wheel blocks the view of the digital speedo.

Little Blue.
By BILL IN THE PINES on 05/19/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had the car for about 5 wks. She is very nimble and fun to drive.well built, great on gas.The dash layout is good and the info display keeps you informed. Once I figured out that the car is smarter then me, I just enjoy.

Enjoying the ride
By David M on 05/17/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I decided I wanted a commuter car to save on gas and reduce my contribution to pollution. I was first attracted to the InSight's look. Although it has a Prius shape it definitely looks more sporty to me. I realized I was buying a small car so wasn't overly concerned about the space in the back seats. Also, my Insight seems very quiet on the road even on the highway so not sure why some of the reviews say stuff about noise.

Honda gives us a gem
By Alex on 05/14/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My initial attitude toward this car was less than enthusiastic, its EPA estimates are 10 mpg less than the Prius and only 10 more than the Fit. However, after driving the Insight a couple of thousand miles and averaging 49.7 mpg, it is apparent that the EPA estimates on the insight are much too conservative. I can easily get 60+ mpg around town if I pay close attention to the innovative fuel economy indicators on the Insight's dash. Its more fun to drive than the Prius, gets much better mileage than the EPA estimates, and is around $6,000 less expensive. Undoubtedly, this is the best value new car that can be bought.

almost 1 yr old
By Billj9876 on 05/10/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven in all 4 seasons and commute 75% highway miles. I am seeing > 50 MPG in summer, dropping to 46-47 during freezing weather. Max 1 tank average was 56 MPG. I live in the North East and don't see extreme lows or highs. I do have moderate hills to negotiate on my commute. Hwy speeds are typically 65-70 MPH. I do pay attention to acceleration but will blend with traffic as far as speed. I don't run AC or Defrost much (only at cruse speeds). I am outperforming the econo mode. It was useful for learning to drive conservatively but I have not used it for 6 months.

Absolutely Impressed
By Happy Hybrid Owner on 05/09/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Test drove Prius and Honda Insight. Honda Insight won hands down. Truly fun to drive, quiet interior, plenty of power and of course excellent mileage. Driving Prius felt like being in the virtual arcade car. Honda Insight EX is priced thousand of dollars less than Prius II and comes fully loaded. Only extra option is navigation and blue tooth. Easily obtained at the fraction of the cost on the outside Hybrids will not break any speed records but if you're looking for excellent high millage family car Honda Insight is it. Honda Job Well Done!

My Experience of the Insight
By pkw on 05/08/10 12:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've read numerous ratings and comments about the Insight and I find that it's hard to believe they're talking about the same car I've owned for a year now. My Insight has never gotten lower than 42 MPG and then only in sub-zero weather. In normal weather I always get 45, 46 or 47 mpg and that's after I do the math, which is just below the instrumentation's estimates. I also have a Prius for nearly four years, and the Prius is slightly faster, but the instrumentation is not as concise, but the Prius is now older than the Insight. The Insight is solidly built, and get's mpg greater than ratings which have been publicized.

Better than EPA
By offy on 05/04/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently took advantage of the great lease deals at Honda with a 36 month Insight lease. I traded in my not-too- old Mazda 3 and am very happy I did. In my first week of ownership, with the assist of the Econ mode and the computer showing me how to drive efficiently, I am averaging about 47 mpg, about 80% highway driving. Now my mundane drive to work has become just a small contribution to the environment.

Best-kept secret
By Bob on 04/29/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Amazing. After six months, still haven't seen another Insight on Montreal roads or in huge mall parking lots. If people only knew how much fun this little hatchback is. Zippy, especially under hard acceleration, silky smooth engine, balanced and grounded like a Go-Kart, bright and spacious cabin - what's not to like? And, no, it doesn't look like a Prius. Sure, its form might be similar, just like my form is similar to Tom Cruise's. It's the nuances that make all the difference, and they're considerable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Insight in VA is:

$138 per month*