Used 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Best car I have owned
By frenchaln

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned over 20 cars. That one is by far the best. No rattle. Very quiet. Sub compact but drives like a mid size car. Cheaper then Prius.

Favorite Features

The computer tells you a lt about your fuel efficiency as you are driving

Suggested Improvements

Perfect as it is!

New shoes for the kid
By joet

This is not a luxury car. It gets great mpg. Suspension is pretty stiff. Tires awful. I drive curvey roads and wore tires out in 20k. I got new shoes for the kid, they are new Continental ProContact with EcoPlus tires. They are awesome. I went with one size taller tire (185). 2.5% larger circumference. At 80 mph really doing 82.5 mph. Very satisfied with handling now. Motor assist is not as seamless as they advertise. My wife hates it. Car looks sharp. AC or heat works fine on average days. On very cold or very hot days you need to dress accordingly. Heating and ac is fine in any condition if you are traveling more then 10 miles. Overall I enjoy my toy. Good value

Favorite Features

I like the heated mirrors, Ipod connection , dash board features, and automatic climate control

Suggested Improvements

A little to much wind noise on interstate. I don't like when you down shift with the stick, it acts like you going from fifth to third gear. Sun-visor is cheesy.

Easy 50 mpg
By dtl

How can US gov. can rate this hybrid gas electric at 40 mpg? I easily get 50 mpg with guidance from the built in monitors. Prius owners ask how is the mileage and have expressed that they are not happy with their mileage. I think this vehicle will be great for Teenagers as it teaches you how to drive efficiently and rewards you for doing so. The seats are completely adjustable and very comfortable. I chose this vehicle for mileage, styling, and the fact that it has 1 cubic foot more storage space in the back than the Civic.

Favorite Features

Driving adviser monitor that shows you how you are doing and teaches and rewards you for driving more efficiently. My son loves the I-Pod connection, we do not need a USB connect.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the back storage cover to be raised a couple inches, to add another cubic foot. I would like improved sun visors. I would go for even better milage, gas electric plug in. I think that all new cars should have tires that wear longer than two years or 35,000 miles.

Real world mpg is 50+
By Donna

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for a year now and I love it. My mpg has averaged 51 over 20K miles. The dash def teaches you how to drive efficiently and it is fun to try to continually improve your driving habits and mpg. I am baffled by the "official" mpg rating of 41-43, I do try to drive well but I don't do anything crazy to get my results. I have no complaints at all, I love driving this car.

Favorite Features

fuel efficiency, dashboard display, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

gas cap lock, better rear-view visibility

First Hybrid, I will never go back.
By waypeter

After driving the Insight for a month, I am in love it it. My old car was a 99 Lexus ES300. Although going from Lexus to Honda is a step down in brand, the technology in Insight is more advance then my old Lexus. I'm 5'9" and I don't feel the car is small in the front or rear. However, I do wish the electronic system do more job, so it will get more MPG. So far, I'm doing 41 MPG combined.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, The look, Shorter Body than Prius.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger Battery, Bigger Electronic Motor, Bigger Gas Engine. Better Sound Isolation, Better Speaker.