Used 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Better than expected
By Bill Gadbois

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was a white EX with 12,000 miles. Paid $16,000 before closing cost. Am still on my original tank of gas indicating 51 mpg, which is better than I had hoped for. Am driving with the Eco lite on and trying not to accelerate too hard. Have plugged a USB flashcard in with my favorite music. Will not subscribe to the Sirius capability. I find the car fun to drive with all the power I need. Have always been a heavy user of cruise control given sufficient room in front of me.

Favorite Features

The CVT transmission, pump up and down seat, adjustable steering wheel column.

Suggested Improvements

The tires feed back a lot of road noise and the ride at slow speeds is rough. The back seat head room is very limited.

Caravan to Hybrid
By Mister Bill

After totaling my 2003 Dodge Caravan, I looked at 5 different vehicles to replace it and ended up with an Insight. The fuel mileage is what sold me on a lease. The car has a hi tech proven power train vs. the KIA Forte which has a higher tech interior only. The ride is busy but produces good handling on cornering despite the battery weight. The main review states that the engine crankshaft keeps rotating yet often my tachometer goes to 0 at a full stop? and I just snicker that the guy next to me is burning fuel going nowhere. he he. There is some rattling going over bumps coming from the open back area. Have to take it back to be looked at.

Favorite Features

Economy and MPG display. Exterior front and side design. Radio controls. Side air bags. Seat belt warning (because I have a habit of not wearing it).

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels would make it sexier. Moon roof. Rear spoiler. More electric assist in low load situations to increase fuel mileage.

Extremely happy with my Insight!
By Hbarton88

This car has helped me to become a more efficient and calm driver. The fuel economy you get is WAY better than EPA estimates.

Favorite Features

Handles nicely. Mellow-looking dashboard lighting. Easy to read displays, not too busy.

Suggested Improvements

I would like radio controls on the steering wheel of the EX.

Excellent Car to have
By Hiren

I bought this car last March. I am really happy having this car in terms of fuel economy.but have to compromise in performance. it has slow accelerating capacity annoying sometimes, rest over all good , no complaints,

Favorite Features

multi-informational display and effective dashboard that reflects the way you drive and helps to improve driving habit.

Suggested Improvements

performance can be improvised .

Great car for the money
By Gill

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for just over 3 months now. This is the first Honda I have bought,I usually own toyota's. I bought this car because I have a new job that I commute 60 miles a day on the highway. Honda had a $5000 rebate on the car, and my Province was giving $2000 environmental rebate. I compared the price of the Yaris and Corolla to the insight, and once I added options like A/C,P/W, cruise, AT, etc. with the rebates the insight was cheaper. The car is great to drive, the dash and gadgets are great. I drove my wife's 2005 loaded rav4 for a week, and I missed my insight big time. This car is made so the working person can afford a hybrid, and provides great fuel economy, & it delivers.

Favorite Features

I like the over all design inside and out. The dash is cool, I like the idea you can gauge your skills in saving fuel. The operating layout is great to adjust cruise, brightness control, ECO mode, etc. cup holders work well. Seat and Steering wheel adjustments work well (I'm short).

Suggested Improvements

Map light above rear view mirror would be nice, instead of reaching in the middle of the car to turn on the light. I almost lost my outside roof molding, it was easy to reinstall. Curious I have 9000 KM (5000 miles) and I my oil check is still at 60%, Usually I change oil at 5000 KM, is this right?