2010 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Affordable hybrid
By Paul Yuen on 08/07/10 22:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Good hybrid car with very affordable price tag ($22K with tax!), a little slow in pick up from stop light traffic,jirky at corners, especially in "Econo" mode, suggest use "S" gear for faster and responding pick up in stop and go traffic, uphill etc (Auto stop will shut off)overall it is a good hybrid car drive in town.

15 month update
By hunter20ga on 08/05/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Insight EX for nearly 15 months, now. I've taken a 2,000 mile trip through the Montana Rockies in it with my son and daughter-in-law as well as driven around town on a daily basis in temperatures from over 100 to colder than -25 F. For the past 4500 miles I've averaged 44.3 mph, and I'm no hypermiler. I rode in the backseat more than half the time when traveling with my son and daughter-in-law, and had no problems with room or seat comfort. While I find the car to be quiet in most circumstances, I will admit that going up long mountain slopes tended to produce significant engine noise, but not enough to stop conversations between front and back seats. It's a good car.

Lacking in many ways
By MrGooch on 08/04/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had the car for over a month. Mileage has been running about 42-44 commuting to work. The navigation system is not worth it, bugs and out of date database. Entered B of A, selected one a 1000 miles a way. The hybrid battery needs to be about twice the capacity, runs out of steam too soon, any grade of more then 1/4 mile, then the engine revs up, which is noisy. Road noise is not as bad as some have commented on. No XM, should be standard with Nav, can be bought as an accessory but expensive. Worst sounding stereo I have had on new car in many years. Interior materials are flimsy and cheap, push my hand against the door and the material caved in and then popped back out.

So far so good
By WJS on 08/02/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

Consistent 40 mpg in the city. Leaving the econ button on helps dramatically with mileage. A/C is cold cold cold. When you put the back seats down there is a lot of room. Only real issue is that it's not very torquey, imagine that, and it's somewhat sensitive to road contour. Handles well otherwise though. Brakes are great.

Great on gas...
By Labrynth on 07/30/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

I came from an SUV and needed something with better mileage. This fit the bill. Auto stop has to be the most annoying feature, tho cup holder placement is a close second. Enough power for most merging situations, but acceleration is not fast and braking is jerky thanks to auto stop. Full of safety features. Features avail on most ex cars not available here and it annoying. Flash drive for music but boo to Honda for making it an Apple only mp3 player. I'm not an Apple lemming, thanks anyway. Feedback from car is adjustable which is nice. I could do without the paddle shifters. It's now ~ 2 months old with ~ 2500 miles on it.

Worth money and sacrifice
By commentator on 07/26/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

I bought Insight for short-distance commute to be green and gas economical. Satisfied with gas mileage, style, and general performance. I mistakenly used Ecomode in hot summer, and it turned off the air conditioner. I changed the mode back to normal, and it worked well. Extremely economical and driver- friendly. I used to drive a Ford Explore and really enjoyed it. But Insight is worth sacrificing the road- ego. Insight has higher ground clearance than Toyota Prius. Prius always hits the front bumper when getting on and off the driveway. For the same amenities, I paid $5,000 less than a Prius. Also, Toyota dealers were hard to deal with when Toyota was hot. They played tricks and price games.

I love my Honda Insight
By Dave on 07/24/10 08:54 AM (PDT)

I love to drive this car because it gets excellent gas mileage, the interior dashboard is exciting, the regenerative braking is easy on my foot, and I'm helping the earth by not consuming scarce resources. We are going to buy a second one and get rid of our gas hogging SUV.The Insight is my mojo.

MPG
By Ron Ott on 07/20/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

Contrary to EPA I get 50-54 MPG on the highway and around 47 overall since purchase.

Great car
By mikem1262 on 07/20/10 07:31 AM (PDT)

Great car. Plenty of power for a hybrid. Getting great mileage 51 mpg first 150 miles

Satisfied beyond expectation
By Hybrid Convert on 07/11/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

This review is an update to my earlier review. Driving the car for over 2 months now, I can say it is the best Hybrid money can buy today. Fuel economy is impressive, second to none. Averaging over 45 miles to a gallon so far. Read a lot of negative review's on other web sites. I don't know what are these people talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if they are coming from Toyota camp. Car is an absolute pleasure to drive, you won't break your bank account buying it and monthly savings on gas purchases are enormous. Even the smallest economy box presently on the market will not deliver the MPG of Honda Insight. For under 20K you get fully loaded, roomy, good looking, very reliable car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback in VA is:

$138 per month*