2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Great on gas...
By Labrynth on 07/30/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I came from an SUV and needed something with better mileage. This fit the bill. Auto stop has to be the most annoying feature, tho cup holder placement is a close second. Enough power for most merging situations, but acceleration is not fast and braking is jerky thanks to auto stop. Full of safety features. Features avail on most ex cars not available here and it annoying. Flash drive for music but boo to Honda for making it an Apple only mp3 player. I'm not an Apple lemming, thanks anyway. Feedback from car is adjustable which is nice. I could do without the paddle shifters. It's now ~ 2 months old with ~ 2500 miles on it.

Worth money and sacrifice
By commentator on 07/26/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought Insight for short-distance commute to be green and gas economical. Satisfied with gas mileage, style, and general performance. I mistakenly used Ecomode in hot summer, and it turned off the air conditioner. I changed the mode back to normal, and it worked well. Extremely economical and driver- friendly. I used to drive a Ford Explore and really enjoyed it. But Insight is worth sacrificing the road- ego. Insight has higher ground clearance than Toyota Prius. Prius always hits the front bumper when getting on and off the driveway. For the same amenities, I paid $5,000 less than a Prius. Also, Toyota dealers were hard to deal with when Toyota was hot. They played tricks and price games.

I love my Honda Insight
By Dave on 07/24/10 08:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love to drive this car because it gets excellent gas mileage, the interior dashboard is exciting, the regenerative braking is easy on my foot, and I'm helping the earth by not consuming scarce resources. We are going to buy a second one and get rid of our gas hogging SUV.The Insight is my mojo.

MPG
By Ron Ott on 07/20/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Contrary to EPA I get 50-54 MPG on the highway and around 47 overall since purchase.

Great car
By mikem1262 on 07/20/10 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car. Plenty of power for a hybrid. Getting great mileage 51 mpg first 150 miles

Satisfied beyond expectation
By Hybrid Convert on 07/11/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This review is an update to my earlier review. Driving the car for over 2 months now, I can say it is the best Hybrid money can buy today. Fuel economy is impressive, second to none. Averaging over 45 miles to a gallon so far. Read a lot of negative review's on other web sites. I don't know what are these people talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if they are coming from Toyota camp. Car is an absolute pleasure to drive, you won't break your bank account buying it and monthly savings on gas purchases are enormous. Even the smallest economy box presently on the market will not deliver the MPG of Honda Insight. For under 20K you get fully loaded, roomy, good looking, very reliable car.

Pass the gass stations
By tdandkids on 07/10/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love my Insight, running in eco mode I have been averaging 52 Mpg in combination city and highway driving and lose maybe a mile per gallon with the air conditioning on. Car is fun to drive and despite Edmund's comments I do not find the vehicle noisy on the highway. Controls are simple, stereo very nice and the usb connection great for my shuffle. Won't be disappointed with this car - believe me.

Awesome car, just get the EX trim
By Hammond on 06/26/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I tried this car and the Toyota Prius and this car was the natural choice. It gets almost as good MPG (about 45 MPG city) and highway too. Along with the car being more fun to drive, the interior layout is actually the closest to a non-hybrid that you'll get I love the ECON system that allows you to drive more efficient and the "trophy system" with rewards. Kudos to Honda for that and the paddle shifters put some REAL fun into driving the car. One suggestion if your going to buy this car: Get the EX trim. The $1500 is worth what you get: cruise control, 15" alloys, vanity mirrors on the sun visors (Don't why those aren't standard), stability and traction control with USB con. and 6 speakers

Perfect
By Dave on 06/21/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car from first team honda because no one was buying them. I don't know why. Next door I test drove a new prius because the old ones handled oddly and they wanted over 26 thousand for one. That immediately pulled me from the prius despite their fuel-mileage. The car is fun to drive, and the fuel- mileage challenge is addicting. I am already able to achieve 42 MPG City and 52 MPG highway at 65 MPH. Sport mode with the paddle shifters works very well too. Keep the RPM low and the pedal hard and the motor will help out BIG TIME.

I love my Insight!
By Wizard on 06/17/10 21:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I decided to look at hybrids when my old SUV qualified under the Cash for Clunkers program. I was attracted primarily to the Insight because of its sportier design by comparison to other hybrids I looked at. Any improvement in mileage was a leap forward from my SUV so super duper gas mileage wasn't my primary goal. I just wanted a vehicle kinder to the environment. My mpg almost exactly matched the advertised mpg of 41 city and 43 highway until I got interested in hypermiling techniques about four months ago. I'm now consistently getting 48-51 mpg (and rising) with my daily in-town commute. I've been astounded how a few minor changes in my driving habits have made so much difference.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Insight in VA is:

$123 per month*