2010 Honda Insight EX w/Navi
By Spectrum Pearl on
2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
The 2010 Insight is a practical compact car that also happens to be a fun and engaging hybrid to drive. My first week with the Insight has been pleasant and rewarding with regard to the overall driving experience. Most of all - it meets my needs and fits within my budget. Exterior fit and finish is on par with its Honda kin - crisp lines and flowing forms that line up impeccably. Inside one will find a great deal of plastic, although it is mostly agreeable and retains the same level of refinement found outside. While I have yet to drive it without Eco-Assist enabled, my real world fuel economy is coming in at just over 50mpg with helpful coaching from the Multi-Information display.
Favorite Features
Near seamless hybrid integration with natural feeling steering and braking. Unobtrusive, yet extremely helpful "eco-coaching" for those of us who have never driven a hybrid previously. Voice commands for all major interior operating functions that allow one's eyes to focus on the road ahead.
Suggested Improvements
The "futuristic interior" (as described by Honda's press materials), will not appeal to all. Even this Gen-Xer is a bit dizzied by the array of technology. No doubt, Honda will endeavor to improve the ergonomics as the Insight continues to evolve past its current iteration.