2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
After 9 months and 12,000 miles
By egadbois on 08/07/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The first 6 months I drove with the Econ engaged and never got more than about 52 mpg and no less than 48 mpg. I decided to turn off the Econ mode and drive normally. I have always been a very heavy user of cruise control. That and the fact that this is a small town with few lights, I am now getting 54 mpg without trying very hard. The Dunlap tires ride a bit harsh and the road noise is more than normal for a Honda. After two long trips I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I have no complaints with the sound system and use the USB port to plug in a flash memory stick with all my favorite music.

Nice car
By jett456 on 06/10/11 04:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am liking this car more as the gas prices go up. I get decent mileage. Around 45-50 on the highway, 36-40 city. Cruise control seems to use up more gas in my opinion. I've had no problems with the battery as some reviews have mentioned. My navigation disc is outdated. For some reason I have a 2007 version in my car. Honda offered to split the cost with me. It should be free for all the money the navigation system cost!! The front passenger seat is uncomfortable for a large person. This is a leased car but I think I will go with a larger car when the lease is up.

I really love my Insight!!
By svrider1 on 04/24/11 17:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It gets great gas mileage. I average about 45 mpg (mostly city driving) but if you are willing to drive a little slower it could be better. I also live in Florida and constantly use a/c which effects your fuel economy. Interior ergonomics are nice and futuristic looking, with seemingly very good build quality. Seats are really comfy with super-soft fabric!

Great little car for the price
By ledeof01 on 03/12/11 09:33 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great little car for the price. Don't take any notice of cost comparisons as the often compare it to a Honda Fit. This car is much bigger than the Fit. It's closer to the Civic. I love the instrument display which can be customized. Fuel economy is great. I do mostly stop/start town driving and still get around 40 mpg average. On long trips, I have easily managed over 50 mpg highway averaging 65 mph. Visibility is poor but that's typical of most small cars these days as they increase pillar sizes for better crash safety.

Car dead for the third time
By yuk on 02/12/11 12:42 PM (PST)

Today on Saturday morning for the third time after I bought iit n September 2010 the car not responding to anything probably again because of dead battery. When the car is running it is OK, giving me around 42 MPG after 11K miles on rush hour highway/city. However, this dead car problems are the HUGE one. Usually, it happening if you are not using the car for couple days suggesting some battery drain. First time, the battery was replaced by local Honda service dealer. Second time, despite testing they didn't find any problems. Now, after couple weeks the car again dead leaving me w/o car for the whole weekend. If anybody have suggestions that I can pass to dealers would be appreciated.

after 25k miles: the facts plus a few comments
By rickinseagrove on 01/12/11 10:43 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is very econmical to operate and gets way better mileage than EPA estimate. Lifetime average fuel economy to date is 51 MPG (measured). Best tank average to date is 60 MPG (measured). The car computer over estimates mileage by 2 or 3 MPG. It gets significantly better mileage in the summer than in the winter. The 60 MPG tank average was during Aug. in Florida with slightly overinflated (40 PSI) tires on my daily 25 mile commute. I've change the oil 3 times in 25k miles. No other maintenance cost or issues to date. Honda replaced the IMA battery for free after a warning light came on when it was 2 months old. Really like the styling but they should use better interior materials. iLuvIt

Insightful!!!
By insightfulbob on 01/11/11 18:21 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just picked up car two days ago, love it already. Will have to get back to you all in a month or so to let you know about mileage. I was going to purchase , but for those who are interested, there is a great lease deal going on right now. Zero down,$210 per month, 36 months, plus a buy option. Jump on it!!! Paid a little more (223) per month for EX, but NO SALES TAX.

Pleasant Surprise, Insight on the Rise
By luna9 on 01/05/11 05:54 AM (PST)

I came about the 2010 Insight EX-Navi while searching for a new Honda Accord. Being in the market for a quality sedan with decent mpg and storage, I was surprised to learn that the Insight was priced so reasonably ... and had excellent storage capacity. To be honest I completely forgot about the re-release of this Honda hybrid (Prius has earned the preeminent hybrid spotlight). However, the Honda Insight deserves more than a second glance with it's svelte interior, responsive driving experience, and higher-than-stated EPA actual gas mileage. Price all of these features a minimum of $2,200 kess AND put in a Honda package you can trust and you've got a steal for a hybrid hatchback under $20k.

Insight is out of sight
By peta on 12/29/10 19:57 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my insight and it seems to be a very good car to have. I love the econ assist light display. The car gives me all the power I need get there in. Tonight when I say my prayers I will thank God for letting me have this car.

Not a cold weather vehicle
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like my new Honda Insight. It is really fun to drive & I love the way I feel in the driver's seat. The only issue I have with this vehicle is that I can't get anywhere close to the advertised gas mileage when it is cold outside. The cold engine light comes on & I get about 20 mpg. Can't wait until SPRING!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Insight in VA is:

$138 per month*