Used 2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Great Car for the money.
By jpaule

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.

Fuel mileage and great handling. A very manuverable car!

Rear seat could be more comfortable for adults.

Good commuter, not comfortable
By krazyrabbit1

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a used 2010 Honda Insight EX last year when I changed jobs that led to a longer drive. Most of my 70 miles per day is highway and the Insight averages 46 mpg. City stop and go driving actually brings up the mpg. I'm an average sized woman, 5'5" tall, not fond of the ergonomics of the Insight. Sit too low even with the seat height up all the way and it's uncomfortable, the armrest is too far away. My friend is 5'10" and the passenger seat doesn't go back far enough for her legs. The car handles well if there is no wind or snow, horrible if it's windy. Blows all over the road. Has decent pick up though. I don't take it on long trips. Would recommend for commuter car only.

Great gas mileage, good looking exterior, purchased used at good price.

Uncomfortable seating, cheap interior, rear view is bad through the divided window, poor handing in windy or snowy conditions.

I love my 2010 Honda Insight
By msajm41

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had my 2010 Honda Insight for 5 years. The gas mileage was around 40 mpg, and about 45 mpg on long trips. I used synthetic oil in it since I bought it. I never had any major repairs on it. It was a great car. It wasn't the most comfortable on long trips. I never sat in the back seat so I'm not sure if they were comfortable. My older friends had trouble getting in and out of the back seat. But it was a nice car for the price, reliable, nice looking, and had great gas mileage.

Gas mileage, dependability.

Cruise control should be on all models.

2010 EX just turned 4 - still AOK I guess
By dixinormus

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Happy with it overall. I've always liked it more than the cheap plastic hubcAPS2011 restyled Prius. However, I do not like that with EX model, all you are getting is alloy wheels instead of cheap plastic hubcaps. No sunroof and no leather interior.....for an EX model, please? Dealer said it was vital to keep costs down in order to attract more Prius lookers - ok fine but I say don't use "EX" then....i.e. don't say it's an EX with cloth seats, no moonroof, fog lights or navigation, dear.

The hatchback The steering wheel paddle shifters - just kidding, completely useless and hilarious.

More comfortable seats, offer other than basic cloth for seats, will you, please? Navi and blue tooth and fog lights in any EX labeled odel, okay? Where the heck is the moonroof, hon?

Very happy with our Insight
By slow_jim

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are up to about 20k miles in our Insight now and still getting 45-50mpg with no issues. My wife uses it as her daily driver and loves it. We will never sell this car - so much space, practicality, and fuel economy for the price.

Gas mileage, interior materials quality and space, reliability. Room in the back for a rear facing carseat, but as with most compact cars it sacrifices legroom for the front passenger.

I don't really like driving it due to the lack of cruise control but that's what we get for buying the LX. Handling can be scary above 75mph, especially if it's windy. I like to drive fast and it'll still do 45mpg at 80mph.

• SUV