2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews 19

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
2010 Honda Insight w/ Navi
By m. cobb on 05/04/09 22:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What a great vehicle! I have always liked the first generation of Honda Insights, however I was unsure of the technology. I almost purchased a Toyota Prius last year, but the price drove me away. I have own my Insight for a week now playing with different methods of maximizing my fuel economy. The best I have obtained was 58.4 mpg at 64 mph, Eco button ON, cruise OFF and the A/C ON 58! I am impressed!! My combined driving is around 40.8 mpg. It is a really nice driving vehicle, despite it being a "hybrid". I have gotten two(2) thumbs up from some nice looking ladies, so I think it is attracting some attention... LOL! Now I am looking for a nice used 2006 Honda Insight to play with.

Good Car for City Commuting
By John on 05/03/09 06:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well I got inspired and traded in my 2008 CRV for an Insight. I have an average commute of 40 mile per day total with about 4 miles of city driving. I live in San Antonio and my last 5 miles of my commute is stop and go traffic. Anybody who drives 281 North in the evening will know stop and go should really be stop and stop traffic. I have 1400 miles on the car and am averaging all around 45.2 MPG. I will admit I do miss the CRV, but I am a city driver only and with the exception of going back and forth to work I do not do that much additional driving... bottom line. I like the car. Even though gas is down right now we all know when this economy get back on track will be looking ^$ gas.

Try it, you'll like it.
By Tim on 04/29/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I considered buying a Prius given the deals currently available. But, after driving an Insight I bought it the same day. Not to say that the Prius isn't a good bargain at the moment, I just found the Insight to be a better overall car. Yes... a little smaller, mileage not quite as good. On the other hand, more comfortable driving position and much more fun to drive. Took it on a 700 mile trip this past weekend. Quite comfortable for myself, my wife and one 8 year old. Put it in sports mode for the Long Island Expressway and you're good to go!

Great Car So Far
By shlomo875 on 04/27/09 00:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven my Insight about 250 miles in Los Angeles (combined city/highway, hills, etc) and so far have averaged about 37 mpg. Not too bad at all. It's a pretty smooth ride, though I wasn't prepared for how much the Econ feature would take away from my A/C when I was stopped at a light and it was about 98 degrees outside (that's the price paid for running on battery power alone, which is what happens when you stop with the Econ on). Getting on the highway is a strain, but of course that is little surprise for this size engine. The instrument console is the least satisfying aspect of the vehicle, but the positive aspects make it well worth it.

I love the Insight
By New Owner on 04/21/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Insight for about three weeks now and I really do love it. Over the first 1,000 miles I've achieved an average of 51 miles per gallon without really trying. The only thing I've had to do differently is slow down from my pre-Insight speed of 75 on the highway. I live in the Midwest and my commute is not very hilly. At a speed of 65 MPH I am getting 50 MPG. I have not yet had to use the A/C or the heat, which I expect will bring down the numbers come summer and winter. The auto-stop feature is great on gas, but takes a while to get used to. The gas kicks back on when you release the brake and the result can be a jerky response at the line if you hit the gas too quickly.

I'm liking it but...
By dweiser on 04/19/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I also own a 2009 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi so my comments will include that comparison. An all electric vehicle/plug-in vehicle will fit my driving habits (short trips) perfectly and either the Insight or the Fit will leave when a decent one is available. I've had the Insight for about 3 weeks and I have to admit the look of it continues to grow on me. Like some I never thought it unsightly at first but I like its looks more each day. I hit my head getting out sometimes and I'm only 5' 9". I really miss having the stereo (loudness) controls on the steering wheel like the Fit. I'm only getting 37 m.p.g. with ECO button on and careful driving. My Fit gets 34 so I hope this improves soon.

My first hybrid
By George on 04/14/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wasn't inspired by the Prius's unchanging design over the years, which started to look old after awhile. Honda is definitely offering something fresh, with real style. I have only had the 2010 Insight for about 3 weeks and am getting an average 46 mpg without using the econ mode. The driver feedback displays are really good, and help you to economize. I was driving a 2007 Toyota Camry before, and miss the size and power a little bit, but the hybrids really enable you to see what you are doing while driving, and encourage green driving. What a change, and now the other vehicles on the road seem so out-of-date. The future is electric and hydrogen, and the hybrid gets us closer.

Great eco car
By crv139 on 04/11/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great economy car, that gets great mpg, fun to drive and looks cool and has list of neat features.. You have to remember that this vehicle is not a sports vehicle and the reason you most likely brought it is to save money at the pumps.

Great Small Eco Car
By crv139 on 04/11/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great little car. It's no sports car by it gets you to drive in the most eco way and save you money on gas. Its a cool looking car that has a lot of features for the price. This vehicle will not cost you that much to operate. So the money you save from this vehicle you can go out and buy your sports car.

Hybrid tech at a fair Price
By crv139 on 04/08/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I test drove the ex at the local dealer, I was impressed with the vehicle and the packaging of the EX model. This vehicle has a nice ride and is made to save money on gas. You must realize that this vehicle is not a sports car. It performs as it was design to. I traded in my 08 CRV and bought the Insight EX. The insight teaches you how to get the most mileage out the vehicle by changing your driving habits.