Used 2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Great Value
By John

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

46 MPG so far, mostly city with limited freeway driving. Nice standard equipment, except lacking 4 wheel disc brakes, stability and traction control. These are no big deal, as far as I'm concerned; I bought for the great lease deal and MPG. Very happy with the car; great economy, comfortable, decent sound, etc.

The digital display is great for hypermiling.

Center armrest on LX trim.

2010 Honda Review
By David

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have driven 7,000 miles. Insight is well built and has the tight suspension of a sports car. Not plush but a fun car to drive. Mileage is excellent at 42-53 mpg. Impressive technology with good information display.

Great technology.

Insight review 2 months
By Francine

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I fell in love with the overall car and its price made it affordable. Presently not driving that much, and with the cold weather only getting about 37.6 mpg. However, I have been told that during the Spring/Fall mileage goes up dramatically with the temperature. So far, so good.

I like the way it couches on fuel economy. The heating system is good to as it is set to a temperature, not needing constant adjustment.

Cold weather performance.

Honda Insight - Its a Honda!
By The Dreamer

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The MPG is better than EPAed in most of my driving conditions. The feedback the the car provides really helps to max the mpg. Fast starts like I used to do in the Del Sol does eat into the mpg. But fast starts in any car do the same. I achieve over 50 twice and 48 mpg over 170 mi hwy trip with cruse set to 67. Handling is wonderful!

Love still having a tech and the paddle shifters are cool but not used much (looking for mpg not speed). The comfort, handling are great. Can zoom thru Gaviato Pass on the 101 (fun I can't resist unless the CHP are there). Looks are great (imo) and got the fog-lights for fun and sportiness.

Some may want better head room in the backseat.

It's a simple hybrid...
By fromguzzlertogreen

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I chose the insight since I couldnt see myself in a prius. I drove an 2007 BMW M5 that gave me mechanical problems and bad gas. I was looking for greatest gas mileage plus prestige that only came with a hybrid like prius- Insight was just the car. In CA-it was great since it's warm. No need for heating. Drove to seattle for $80 in gas. Now, I am averaging 34-36MPG- not happy with these #'s. I have to remind myself I bought it for the distinction, otherwise I should have spend less on a civic.

I like the simplicity of the car. the fact its a car with hybrid tech not like the prius- too many gadgets and way to pricey.

fix the cold weather issue with hybrid technology. Rear view mirror should be a little bigger.Add leather and more features..