2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Great Car So Far
By shlomo875 on 04/27/09 00:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven my Insight about 250 miles in Los Angeles (combined city/highway, hills, etc) and so far have averaged about 37 mpg. Not too bad at all. It's a pretty smooth ride, though I wasn't prepared for how much the Econ feature would take away from my A/C when I was stopped at a light and it was about 98 degrees outside (that's the price paid for running on battery power alone, which is what happens when you stop with the Econ on). Getting on the highway is a strain, but of course that is little surprise for this size engine. The instrument console is the least satisfying aspect of the vehicle, but the positive aspects make it well worth it.

I love the Insight
By New Owner on 04/21/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Insight for about three weeks now and I really do love it. Over the first 1,000 miles I've achieved an average of 51 miles per gallon without really trying. The only thing I've had to do differently is slow down from my pre-Insight speed of 75 on the highway. I live in the Midwest and my commute is not very hilly. At a speed of 65 MPH I am getting 50 MPG. I have not yet had to use the A/C or the heat, which I expect will bring down the numbers come summer and winter. The auto-stop feature is great on gas, but takes a while to get used to. The gas kicks back on when you release the brake and the result can be a jerky response at the line if you hit the gas too quickly.

I'm liking it but...
By dweiser on 04/19/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I also own a 2009 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi so my comments will include that comparison. An all electric vehicle/plug-in vehicle will fit my driving habits (short trips) perfectly and either the Insight or the Fit will leave when a decent one is available. I've had the Insight for about 3 weeks and I have to admit the look of it continues to grow on me. Like some I never thought it unsightly at first but I like its looks more each day. I hit my head getting out sometimes and I'm only 5' 9". I really miss having the stereo (loudness) controls on the steering wheel like the Fit. I'm only getting 37 m.p.g. with ECO button on and careful driving. My Fit gets 34 so I hope this improves soon.

My first hybrid
By George on 04/14/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wasn't inspired by the Prius's unchanging design over the years, which started to look old after awhile. Honda is definitely offering something fresh, with real style. I have only had the 2010 Insight for about 3 weeks and am getting an average 46 mpg without using the econ mode. The driver feedback displays are really good, and help you to economize. I was driving a 2007 Toyota Camry before, and miss the size and power a little bit, but the hybrids really enable you to see what you are doing while driving, and encourage green driving. What a change, and now the other vehicles on the road seem so out-of-date. The future is electric and hydrogen, and the hybrid gets us closer.

Great eco car
By crv139 on 04/11/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great economy car, that gets great mpg, fun to drive and looks cool and has list of neat features.. You have to remember that this vehicle is not a sports vehicle and the reason you most likely brought it is to save money at the pumps.

Great Small Eco Car
By crv139 on 04/11/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great little car. It's no sports car by it gets you to drive in the most eco way and save you money on gas. Its a cool looking car that has a lot of features for the price. This vehicle will not cost you that much to operate. So the money you save from this vehicle you can go out and buy your sports car.

Hybrid tech at a fair Price
By crv139 on 04/08/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I test drove the ex at the local dealer, I was impressed with the vehicle and the packaging of the EX model. This vehicle has a nice ride and is made to save money on gas. You must realize that this vehicle is not a sports car. It performs as it was design to. I traded in my 08 CRV and bought the Insight EX. The insight teaches you how to get the most mileage out the vehicle by changing your driving habits.

2010 Honda Insight EX w/Navi
By Spectrum Pearl on 04/03/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2010 Insight is a practical compact car that also happens to be a fun and engaging hybrid to drive. My first week with the Insight has been pleasant and rewarding with regard to the overall driving experience. Most of all - it meets my needs and fits within my budget. Exterior fit and finish is on par with its Honda kin - crisp lines and flowing forms that line up impeccably. Inside one will find a great deal of plastic, although it is mostly agreeable and retains the same level of refinement found outside. While I have yet to drive it without Eco-Assist enabled, my real world fuel economy is coming in at just over 50mpg with helpful coaching from the Multi-Information display.

Honda releases right car at right time!
By Bill on 04/02/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had been researching this car for months so I had the first chance at the car when it arrived. I knew after the first drive that it was mine. Driving in town, merging into traffic, and interstate driving all are pleasing. Considering the horsepower it is amazing the power and fun quotient this car has(similar but better than the Fit). After driving the first 100 miles in town on hilly terrain, I put it on a short trip of an additional 135 mile interstate trip and filled up. Mileage for this first combined trip was 44 MPG. Returning I got an amazing 54 MPG using the Eco-drive feature which is helpful and fun to use. Honda has really brought the right car to market at the right time!

Great Car to Drive for City only
By Brian on 03/30/09 05:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car to drive, for city driving only. I am not so sure, I would not use this car to drive on the highway for great distances. This car would work in big cities around the USA, where traffic is really bad - the auto stop option, is far the best feature in this car. I am just don't understand why, the big 3 never put that in there cars to begin with. I think, if the big 3 had put the auto stop in all of there cars, they would not be in financial ruin right now, and there world not be global warming crisis. There is NO REASON WHY, cars need to burn gas at any stop light or traffic congestion points while polluting the air we breath.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Insight in VA is:

$138 per month*