2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews 18

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Great Decision
By Greg on 05/28/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Currently averaging 45.3 miles per gallon, and on various trips averaged 55 to 60 mpg (95% of my driving has been on econ mode). The car was carefully put together and made affordable for a 25 year old like me. Missing some luxury and quality, but happy with the simplicity that the car brings. I am 6'2" and have plenty of head room, and distance between me and the steering wheel. Could get a little tight in the back for someone my size, but it is manageable. The technological features are useful. If you are patient and smart on the road, then you will maximize the efficiency of this car, and also find time to play with the sporty features.

An Insight to the Insight
By Hank on 05/22/09 05:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The eco-drive feature has really helped me break some of my bad driving habits, e.g., fast starts and hard breaking. The instrument displays and driving feedback are very readable. The reduction in power in the eco- drive did not significantly reduce performance for me.

Surprised I bought it!!
By richardcpa on 05/19/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had tried to make deals on infiniti g37, infiniti ex-35 VW CC, Audi A-4, but dealers were not willing to negotiate realistically. So, I gave up my 2005 g35 at lease end last January and shared a car with my wife. Test drove the insight in April and it felt good and I did not have to spend upwards of $33,000. The insight is excellent in local driving and I am averaging about 42 mpg after one month of ownership. It is peppy enough for local driving, but make no mistake, this car does not have enough pick up between 45-70 mph if you are on the highway frequently. The seats are very firm and the controls and driving positions are good. Auto shut off can be a problem when it is very hot outside.

The Silver Bullet
By barb on 05/19/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Insight. My friend at work calls it " the silver bullet". My 70 mile round trip commute is part rural hills and part level road at 55mph. The first tank was 47 mpg but the readout on the dash says average of 50.3mpg. It is not a sports car, SUV or truck. We have all of those at home but it is a great commuter car and grocery hauler.

Great Hybrid!
By Black 2010 Insight on 05/18/09 05:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Of the hybrids I've driven (Prius, Camry, Highlander, Civic), this drives the most like a "standard" vehicle. You will notice when the engine shuts off when stopped, or the regenerative breaking, but its not nearly as obvious as in other vehicles. This car is smooth, handles great (compared to the Prius, which is a great car, but drives like a toaster- oven on wheels), and relatively quiet. It also has pretty good power for a hybid -- the pick-up is there when you need to accelerate quickly.

Excellent car for the money.
By Chris on 05/16/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a car that delivers what you expect for the money. An affordable hybrid that clearly was constructed with a budget in mind but never feels overly cheap. Yes, there is a lot of hard plastic and purchasing the LX model deprives you of cruise control, nice wheels and an armrest. But still, in the hybrid market at least, I think it's the best bang for the buck.

Juan's New Hybrid
By Juan Valdez on 05/14/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

When I did the math this car will not pay for itself in 10 years. In the mean time my head hits the door edge getting in and out and I'm only 5'8". The back seat is for decoration as my teens can't fit in there with the sloping roof and no leg room. The interior is very plastic with only one cheap removable drink holder for 2 small child size cups. The fabric seems cheap too and stains easily with it's dirty looking brownish gray color. It even has the cheap Dunlop tires. Be careful when you lean on it. I should have bought that Honda Fit. Though it's a lot cheaper, it essentially gets the same real world gas mileage. The Fit is just as tiny and plastic, but will save a bundle of cash!!

Takes getting used to...
By Cami on 05/09/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've never owned a Honda or a hybrid, so this car was hard for me to get used to. My biggest complaint is the jerking it does while breaking (the electronic brake distribution). When taking your foot off the brake while slowing down, the car continues to break on its own. I miss the power of my sports car & feel the need to accelerate very slowly to keep my rating green. This car is priced to be a less expensive hybrid & is cut back on the inside (no lock on the glove compartment, small center console, lock button only on drivers side, 1 power outlet, no leather). There are a lot of neat features to make up for it though: Eco guide, maintenance reminder, auto climate, Aux/USB ports, sport mode.

Very Happy
By Ecofriend on 05/08/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had my Insight a week but love it so far. It's fun to drive and since I have about a 90 mile round trip commute I really love the mileage. Mine is getting 43 mpg which is right in line with the EPA. Plenty of room up front and not so roomy in the back.

Early Insight
By IBWong on 05/07/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Perfect commuter car. Great gas mileage and safety features. Useful trunk size and helpful Eco-Assist info in terms of helping one optimize one's driving habits for best economy. Rearward visibility a bit restricted with highback child's booster seat installed.