Used 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Couldn't Be Happier
By Flyer

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Always wanted to go green, but was never impressed by the look of the Prius. The Insight however is totally impressive, from the exterior looks to the interior layout and comfort. It is fun to drive (sporty), quiet and the fuel economy has been better than advertised. The design engineers did a great job keeping things simple yet detailed enough to provide useful formation. Honda hit a home run.

Favorite Features

Heads-up display, sporty feel and looks (inside and out). Quiet cabin with little road noise. Comfortable seats, handling and feel.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful stereo.

good car
By Twee

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got mine for 2 months already. Love the fuel economy. I was able to do avg of 50 mpg, compare to my previous rav4, I do average of 60-70 miles daily to work. I should save $1000 per year on gas, nice small vacation trip with that saving. The car is good as transportation to work, but don't expect to do any racing with it, since the horse power on this car is very small. Love the car.

Favorite Features

definitely saving gas

Suggested Improvements

could improve on the expanding the back seat area. Seats cushions could add the features of moving up/down for the heights. could get a touch bigger on glove compartment

Nice for the price but needs improvement
By Peter O

Very low depreciation makes lease payments as low as much cheaper entry level vehicles. Build quality is better then other cars under $20k but still needs improvement. The rubber weather strip molding along the roof keep falling off. The body panels seem to be very delicate. Just stare at them and they'll get a ding. I feel like it won't age well. The paint finish is just OK. I noticed several imperfections while waxing it. The interior is nice but again, doesn't seem to be hard wearing. The Auto Stop is annoying and despite the many custom settings in the computer, it cannot be disabled. Steering wheel blocks the view of the digital speedo.

Favorite Features

Custom setups for door locks, display, trip computer, etc. Excellent fuel economy. Good instrumentation teaches you to drive efficiently. Good size trunk for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a setting to disable "AutoStop". iPod connector should be standard equipment. Security cover in trunk should be standard. General overall quality needs improvement. Wheel covers seem really cheap. Can't see the speedo unless I raise the seat or lower the steering wheel uncomfortably.

Little Blue.
By BILL IN THE PINES

I have only had the car for about 5 wks. She is very nimble and fun to drive.well built, great on gas.The dash layout is good and the info display keeps you informed. Once I figured out that the car is smarter then me, I just enjoy.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, overall handling

Suggested Improvements

The multi info display could be a lot easier to operate. [change settings]

Enjoying the ride
By David M

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I decided I wanted a commuter car to save on gas and reduce my contribution to pollution. I was first attracted to the InSight's look. Although it has a Prius shape it definitely looks more sporty to me. I realized I was buying a small car so wasn't overly concerned about the space in the back seats. Also, my Insight seems very quiet on the road even on the highway so not sure why some of the reviews say stuff about noise.

Favorite Features

Like the ECON and feedback driving feature. Feels like playing a video game.