Used 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Most Helpful|
Build quality: Is this really a Honda?
By pokechimp88

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This a 3rd update on our 2010 Honda Insight that we have had now for about a year in a half. It now is December 2011 and the car has 41K on it. At the 40K service, the guys found a worn out axle (left) and the drive shaft assembly was beginning to come apart (!!!!). Luckily, extended warranty covered it and in the process, they reprogrammed the IMA system and auto-stop feature and now the auto-stop engages even in sub 20 degree weather and in stop and go 5 mph traffic, something it didn't do before. The interior has held up fairly well and the stock tires are a joke; they wore out at 26K miles. But its fun to drive.... I just wish we it was better built

Favorite Features

Auto-stop feature, IMA information display, USB audio input, stability control.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. I know its a hybrid and the components need to be light weight to keep the scales from tipping but at least make it last 10 years without mechanical problems.

Just passed 90k miles
By supermiles

Bought new in 2010, after losing my Camry to a head on collision. Have about 91k miles on it now. I love the car for what it is. Never any mechanical problems, I put tons of stuff in the hatch. Would buy another...if they still made them when I finish with this one. Never less than 40 mpg, never better than 45...but I run it pretty hard

Favorite Features

the hatch/storage area

Suggested Improvements

sunroof

Great Car for the money.
By jpaule

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage and great handling. A very manuverable car!

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat could be more comfortable for adults.

2010 EX just turned 4 - still AOK I guess
By dixinormus

Happy with it overall. I've always liked it more than the cheap plastic hubcAPS2011 restyled Prius. However, I do not like that with EX model, all you are getting is alloy wheels instead of cheap plastic hubcaps. No sunroof and no leather interior.....for an EX model, please? Dealer said it was vital to keep costs down in order to attract more Prius lookers - ok fine but I say don't use "EX" then....i.e. don't say it's an EX with cloth seats, no moonroof, fog lights or navigation, dear.

Favorite Features

The hatchback The steering wheel paddle shifters - just kidding, completely useless and hilarious.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, offer other than basic cloth for seats, will you, please? Navi and blue tooth and fog lights in any EX labeled odel, okay? Where the heck is the moonroof, hon?

I love my 2010 Honda Insight
By msajm41

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had my 2010 Honda Insight for 5 years. The gas mileage was around 40 mpg, and about 45 mpg on long trips. I used synthetic oil in it since I bought it. I never had any major repairs on it. It was a great car. It wasn't the most comfortable on long trips. I never sat in the back seat so I'm not sure if they were comfortable. My older friends had trouble getting in and out of the back seat. But it was a nice car for the price, reliable, nice looking, and had great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control should be on all models.