Used 2010 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Just passed 90k miles
By supermiles

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in 2010, after losing my Camry to a head on collision. Have about 91k miles on it now. I love the car for what it is. Never any mechanical problems, I put tons of stuff in the hatch. Would buy another...if they still made them when I finish with this one. Never less than 40 mpg, never better than 45...but I run it pretty hard

Favorite Features

the hatch/storage area

Suggested Improvements

sunroof

Great car, great mileage, but...
By manihondas

2010 Honda Insight Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this fully equipped 2010 model as a Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle with 42K. I needed to add to my honda family, the Element getting higher in the mileage dept, 188K and I needed a fuel efficient car for commuting to my place of work.

Favorite Features

So far the car has been wonderful, average 42 mpg on a 78 mile rt, all fwy commute. It's comfortable on the highway even long distance and goes up and down steep grades without really skipping a beat. I am very pleased with the power under the hood given the miniature motor(s).

Suggested Improvements

Several months ago my security light on the driver side housing stopped lighting up when i would remotely lock the car. Several weeks ago I noticed that my rear tail light, same driver's side, was flickering. Took it in to the dealer yesterday for the 60K service and was informed that the part alone is $507. This does not include installation. Hmmm. The dealer is going to check with the Honda representative to see if they will do something for me. Hmmm. I do have a serious problem paying what will probably be close to $700 to replace LED lights that only last 4 years in sunny southern California with the most mild weather in the US. Hope Honda has the insight to replace this safety feature.

This car is the best at its price!
By jpaule

Yes, the Prius is roomier and even more fuel efficient, but, after five and one half years and 71,000 miles, our Insight is a great value for the price, which was about $ 4000 less than a comparable 2010 Prius. We have replaced only tires at 30K and are still running safely with the original brakes at all four wheels. We have had no warranty, recall or parts replacement issues and fully expect to get another 70000 miles with only normal maintenance. Honda builds quality and it shows!

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy. We get 46 mpg at 70 mph and 40 mpg in our town that has a stoplight on every corner! Extremely agile and fun to drive. We frequently drive 1400 miles round trip to see our kids and we are not tired when we arrive.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat room is very limited except for thin people. Air conditioner shuts down when waiting at stoplights, but this also saves fuel.

Great Car for the money.
By jpaule

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage and great handling. A very manuverable car!

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat could be more comfortable for adults.

Good commuter, not comfortable
By krazyrabbit1

Bought a used 2010 Honda Insight EX last year when I changed jobs that led to a longer drive. Most of my 70 miles per day is highway and the Insight averages 46 mpg. City stop and go driving actually brings up the mpg. I'm an average sized woman, 5'5" tall, not fond of the ergonomics of the Insight. Sit too low even with the seat height up all the way and it's uncomfortable, the armrest is too far away. My friend is 5'10" and the passenger seat doesn't go back far enough for her legs. The car handles well if there is no wind or snow, horrible if it's windy. Blows all over the road. Has decent pick up though. I don't take it on long trips. Would recommend for commuter car only.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, good looking exterior, purchased used at good price.

Suggested Improvements

Uncomfortable seating, cheap interior, rear view is bad through the divided window, poor handing in windy or snowy conditions.