2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Great Car for the money.
By jpaule on 09/10/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.

Good commuter, not comfortable
By krazyrabbit1 on 08/27/14 18:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a used 2010 Honda Insight EX last year when I changed jobs that led to a longer drive. Most of my 70 miles per day is highway and the Insight averages 46 mpg. City stop and go driving actually brings up the mpg. I'm an average sized woman, 5'5" tall, not fond of the ergonomics of the Insight. Sit too low even with the seat height up all the way and it's uncomfortable, the armrest is too far away. My friend is 5'10" and the passenger seat doesn't go back far enough for her legs. The car handles well if there is no wind or snow, horrible if it's windy. Blows all over the road. Has decent pick up though. I don't take it on long trips. Would recommend for commuter car only.

2010 EX just turned 4 - still AOK I guess
By dixinormus on 05/01/14 18:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Happy with it overall. I've always liked it more than the cheap plastic hubcAPS2011 restyled Prius. However, I do not like that with EX model, all you are getting is alloy wheels instead of cheap plastic hubcaps. No sunroof and no leather interior.....for an EX model, please? Dealer said it was vital to keep costs down in order to attract more Prius lookers - ok fine but I say don't use "EX" then....i.e. don't say it's an EX with cloth seats, no moonroof, fog lights or navigation, dear.

Build quality: Is this really a Honda?
By pokechimp88 on 12/19/11 07:43 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This a 3rd update on our 2010 Honda Insight that we have had now for about a year in a half. It now is December 2011 and the car has 41K on it. At the 40K service, the guys found a worn out axle (left) and the drive shaft assembly was beginning to come apart (!!!!). Luckily, extended warranty covered it and in the process, they reprogrammed the IMA system and auto-stop feature and now the auto-stop engages even in sub 20 degree weather and in stop and go 5 mph traffic, something it didn't do before. The interior has held up fairly well and the stock tires are a joke; they wore out at 26K miles. But its fun to drive.... I just wish we it was better built

Love my Insight but not unconditionally!
By tutusue on 09/18/11 19:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

14 months/4000 miles! After a lifetime of German cars and much research I decided on the Insight, my first hybrid, and I don't regret that decision for a minute. My driving is probably 90% city and, of that, 95% is flat terrain. The only regular incline is the first 50' of my condo's parking garage entrance. My mpg pales in comparison to others and averages a little under 35. However, my previous car averaged about 15 so I feel I'm still way ahead of the game! Yes, the "get up 'n go" got up and went but that's part of the hybrid/higher mpg experience. I'm not picky about handling as long as the car feels safe and, for me, the Insight does. I'll re-up at the end of my lease!

After 9 months and 12,000 miles
By egadbois on 08/07/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The first 6 months I drove with the Econ engaged and never got more than about 52 mpg and no less than 48 mpg. I decided to turn off the Econ mode and drive normally. I have always been a very heavy user of cruise control. That and the fact that this is a small town with few lights, I am now getting 54 mpg without trying very hard. The Dunlap tires ride a bit harsh and the road noise is more than normal for a Honda. After two long trips I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I have no complaints with the sound system and use the USB port to plug in a flash memory stick with all my favorite music.

I really love my Insight!!
By svrider1 on 04/24/11 17:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It gets great gas mileage. I average about 45 mpg (mostly city driving) but if you are willing to drive a little slower it could be better. I also live in Florida and constantly use a/c which effects your fuel economy. Interior ergonomics are nice and futuristic looking, with seemingly very good build quality. Seats are really comfy with super-soft fabric!

after 25k miles: the facts plus a few comments
By rickinseagrove on 01/12/11 10:43 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is very econmical to operate and gets way better mileage than EPA estimate. Lifetime average fuel economy to date is 51 MPG (measured). Best tank average to date is 60 MPG (measured). The car computer over estimates mileage by 2 or 3 MPG. It gets significantly better mileage in the summer than in the winter. The 60 MPG tank average was during Aug. in Florida with slightly overinflated (40 PSI) tires on my daily 25 mile commute. I've change the oil 3 times in 25k miles. No other maintenance cost or issues to date. Honda replaced the IMA battery for free after a warning light came on when it was 2 months old. Really like the styling but they should use better interior materials. iLuvIt

Insightful!!!
By insightfulbob on 01/11/11 18:21 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just picked up car two days ago, love it already. Will have to get back to you all in a month or so to let you know about mileage. I was going to purchase , but for those who are interested, there is a great lease deal going on right now. Zero down,$210 per month, 36 months, plus a buy option. Jump on it!!! Paid a little more (223) per month for EX, but NO SALES TAX.

Insight is out of sight
By peta on 12/29/10 19:57 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my insight and it seems to be a very good car to have. I love the econ assist light display. The car gives me all the power I need get there in. Tonight when I say my prayers I will thank God for letting me have this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Insight in VA is:

$112 per month*