Used 2010 Honda Insight EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Just passed 90k miles
By supermiles

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in 2010, after losing my Camry to a head on collision. Have about 91k miles on it now. I love the car for what it is. Never any mechanical problems, I put tons of stuff in the hatch. Would buy another...if they still made them when I finish with this one. Never less than 40 mpg, never better than 45...but I run it pretty hard

Favorite Features

the hatch/storage area

Suggested Improvements

sunroof

Great Car for the money.
By jpaule

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage and great handling. A very manuverable car!

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat could be more comfortable for adults.

Good commuter, not comfortable
By krazyrabbit1

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a used 2010 Honda Insight EX last year when I changed jobs that led to a longer drive. Most of my 70 miles per day is highway and the Insight averages 46 mpg. City stop and go driving actually brings up the mpg. I'm an average sized woman, 5'5" tall, not fond of the ergonomics of the Insight. Sit too low even with the seat height up all the way and it's uncomfortable, the armrest is too far away. My friend is 5'10" and the passenger seat doesn't go back far enough for her legs. The car handles well if there is no wind or snow, horrible if it's windy. Blows all over the road. Has decent pick up though. I don't take it on long trips. Would recommend for commuter car only.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, good looking exterior, purchased used at good price.

Suggested Improvements

Uncomfortable seating, cheap interior, rear view is bad through the divided window, poor handing in windy or snowy conditions.

2010 EX just turned 4 - still AOK I guess
By dixinormus

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Happy with it overall. I've always liked it more than the cheap plastic hubcAPS2011 restyled Prius. However, I do not like that with EX model, all you are getting is alloy wheels instead of cheap plastic hubcaps. No sunroof and no leather interior.....for an EX model, please? Dealer said it was vital to keep costs down in order to attract more Prius lookers - ok fine but I say don't use "EX" then....i.e. don't say it's an EX with cloth seats, no moonroof, fog lights or navigation, dear.

Favorite Features

The hatchback The steering wheel paddle shifters - just kidding, completely useless and hilarious.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, offer other than basic cloth for seats, will you, please? Navi and blue tooth and fog lights in any EX labeled odel, okay? Where the heck is the moonroof, hon?

Build quality: Is this really a Honda?
By pokechimp88

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This a 3rd update on our 2010 Honda Insight that we have had now for about a year in a half. It now is December 2011 and the car has 41K on it. At the 40K service, the guys found a worn out axle (left) and the drive shaft assembly was beginning to come apart (!!!!). Luckily, extended warranty covered it and in the process, they reprogrammed the IMA system and auto-stop feature and now the auto-stop engages even in sub 20 degree weather and in stop and go 5 mph traffic, something it didn't do before. The interior has held up fairly well and the stock tires are a joke; they wore out at 26K miles. But its fun to drive.... I just wish we it was better built

Favorite Features

Auto-stop feature, IMA information display, USB audio input, stability control.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. I know its a hybrid and the components need to be light weight to keep the scales from tipping but at least make it last 10 years without mechanical problems.