2010 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Just passed 90k miles
By supermiles on 01/05/15 17:33 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought new in 2010, after losing my Camry to a head on collision. Have about 91k miles on it now. I love the car for what it is. Never any mechanical problems, I put tons of stuff in the hatch. Would buy another...if they still made them when I finish with this one. Never less than 40 mpg, never better than 45...but I run it pretty hard

Great car, great mileage, but...
By manihondas on 10/25/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this fully equipped 2010 model as a Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle with 42K. I needed to add to my honda family, the Element getting higher in the mileage dept, 188K and I needed a fuel efficient car for commuting to my place of work.

This car is the best at its price!
By jpaule on 10/17/14 12:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, the Prius is roomier and even more fuel efficient, but, after five and one half years and 71,000 miles, our Insight is a great value for the price, which was about $ 4000 less than a comparable 2010 Prius. We have replaced only tires at 30K and are still running safely with the original brakes at all four wheels. We have had no warranty, recall or parts replacement issues and fully expect to get another 70000 miles with only normal maintenance. Honda builds quality and it shows!

Great Car for the money.
By jpaule on 09/10/14 13:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Insight new in May, 2009 as a 2010 model and have driven it 69,000 miles as of September 10, 2014. We have had absolutely no warranty issues and gave replaced only tires and wiper blades! It has a small rear seat for adults, but is comfortable enough for us senior citizens on a 675 mile one-way trip frequently to see our grandkids. Gas mileage is great- 40mpg in our town with a stoplight on every corner and 46 mpg average on the highway at 65-70 mph. This is an extremely reliable car as we expected with a Honda and plan to keep it well past 100,000 miles.

Good commuter, not comfortable
By krazyrabbit1 on 08/27/14 18:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a used 2010 Honda Insight EX last year when I changed jobs that led to a longer drive. Most of my 70 miles per day is highway and the Insight averages 46 mpg. City stop and go driving actually brings up the mpg. I'm an average sized woman, 5'5" tall, not fond of the ergonomics of the Insight. Sit too low even with the seat height up all the way and it's uncomfortable, the armrest is too far away. My friend is 5'10" and the passenger seat doesn't go back far enough for her legs. The car handles well if there is no wind or snow, horrible if it's windy. Blows all over the road. Has decent pick up though. I don't take it on long trips. Would recommend for commuter car only.

I love my 2010 Honda Insight
By msajm41 on 05/17/14 07:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had my 2010 Honda Insight for 5 years. The gas mileage was around 40 mpg, and about 45 mpg on long trips. I used synthetic oil in it since I bought it. I never had any major repairs on it. It was a great car. It wasn't the most comfortable on long trips. I never sat in the back seat so I'm not sure if they were comfortable. My older friends had trouble getting in and out of the back seat. But it was a nice car for the price, reliable, nice looking, and had great gas mileage.

2010 EX just turned 4 - still AOK I guess
By dixinormus on 05/01/14 18:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Happy with it overall. I've always liked it more than the cheap plastic hubcAPS2011 restyled Prius. However, I do not like that with EX model, all you are getting is alloy wheels instead of cheap plastic hubcaps. No sunroof and no leather interior.....for an EX model, please? Dealer said it was vital to keep costs down in order to attract more Prius lookers - ok fine but I say don't use "EX" then....i.e. don't say it's an EX with cloth seats, no moonroof, fog lights or navigation, dear.

Very happy with our Insight
By slow_jim on 08/28/12 07:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are up to about 20k miles in our Insight now and still getting 45-50mpg with no issues. My wife uses it as her daily driver and loves it. We will never sell this car - so much space, practicality, and fuel economy for the price.

Like it better than Prius 95% of the time
By hybridrocks54 on 06/16/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

We've had it since it was new and now just over 30K miles. Fun car to drive. Use it as urban around town commuter car with occasional highway trips and get consistently 39-40 mpg. We are all very tall and fit fine in front seat; adults are somewhat tight in back. No mechanical issues whatsoever, so really appreciate Honda reliability.

Build quality: Is this really a Honda?
By pokechimp88 on 12/19/11 07:43 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This a 3rd update on our 2010 Honda Insight that we have had now for about a year in a half. It now is December 2011 and the car has 41K on it. At the 40K service, the guys found a worn out axle (left) and the drive shaft assembly was beginning to come apart (!!!!). Luckily, extended warranty covered it and in the process, they reprogrammed the IMA system and auto-stop feature and now the auto-stop engages even in sub 20 degree weather and in stop and go 5 mph traffic, something it didn't do before. The interior has held up fairly well and the stock tires are a joke; they wore out at 26K miles. But its fun to drive.... I just wish we it was better built