2006 Honda Insight Consumer Review: Exactly what I need

2006 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

Exactly what I need
By griller on

2006 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great little commuter car. I does exactly what I need it to do: get me and my briefcase across town, warm and dry on very little gas. The car is fun to drive in the same way the old MG's and small sports cars of the past were. Not too much power, but that is part of the fun and challenge of driving them. That said I have no trouble navigating traffic with the power the Insight delivers, in fact it is remarkably quick off the line. I get the advertised mileage of 55 mpg in city driving. Instrumentation is simple and adequate. This car is not for everybody, but if you just need to get yourself back and forth to work each day, and mpg is an issue, it is very hard to beat the Insight.

The fuel consumption display is a major feature in the mpg performance of the Insight, it tunes the DRIVER for better performance! The auto-engine stop is another grin provider, you get to listen to other cars burning gas at stop lights. lol you feel so smug. The CVT is amazing, the smoothest tranny

Honda should add an engine auto stop button to allow the driver to re-stop the engine at stoplights where you end up moving forward a few feet after an initial stop. Hooks could be added to the ceiling behind the seats to make the cargo net vertical.