2005 Honda Insight Consumer Review: My Favorite Car Ever

2005 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

2005 Honda Insight

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. Hybrid 5-speed Manual w/Air Conditioning)

My Favorite Car Ever
By Custom Computer on

2005 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Have driven this car 16,000 miles in 4 months of ownership. It's fantastic, a perfect complement for daily commute plus I can use the car pool lane. My mileage averages 61MPG even though I've hit speeds of 75 mph for hours in a recent trip to Houston Texas. Round trip was 3400 miles and the car was just FANTASTIC: comfortable, quiet, plenty of power to keep up with everybody although most drivers on Texas freeways during Christmas holiday were at 85+ mph. The complaint people have about tires "hunting" freeway grooves; no problem, replaced by my dealer with Yokohama, wider tires which are absolutely perfect! No hunting great handling, mileage not affected so far. I love this car!

Unique, good balance of power, handling and phenomenal gas mileage & range. The savings in gas covers my car payment since I drive about 36,000 miles per year. The car easily drives 600+ miles on a tank with reserve.

Offer upgrades in IMA system for enthusiasts; yes we are out there!!! A type R version would be fantastic. Darker glass in back. CD Changer. Phone kit. Standard options are first rate

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review