2005 Honda Insight Consumer Review: I go eco

2005 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Review

I go eco
By Tfoster on

2005 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I love my Insight! It's actually my 2nd Insight. It's perfect for someone whose lifestyle allows for only two seats and plenty of room in the back for all sort of stuff. While I'm not going to win any wind sprints, I take comfort in knowing that I can make it 600 miles+ on my 10 gallon tank, especially with gas prices what they are today. It's a fun car to drive while protecting the planet.

I love the displays. It's almost like playing a game as I try to better my fuel efficiency while driving. I also like that the car switches to electric-only while stopped since idling is where the most gas is wasted in "regular" cars. It just sits there quietly while radio, air, etc. still work.

Initally I was a little disappointed with the pick-up but have gotten used to driving more efficiently. Also, this car is not made for cross country trips, as the seats do lay back. 6-8 hours is my preferred max in the car while traveling.