honda insight 2001
By sharon wilson on
2005 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
Great mileage car, filled up for $11.00 and it would last a whole month. Not too much pick up-you will never get a speeding ticket. I had the 2001 which was to get 50 mpg in town and 70 on the highway, this was quite accurate - once on a highway trip I got 93 miles per gallon. I didn't like people coming up to me wanting to talk about the car all the time. It is built real solid and accident resistant. You could push in the fender with your thumb and it would pop back out. I was sitting in traffic on the highway at a dead standstill, and someone ran into me about 65-70 miles per hour, the car was so well built it took them about a week to discover the car was totaled. I would buy another one.
Favorite Features
All the bells and whistles as a bigger car, remote access, ac, power everything, stick shift, cute. gas milage was the #1 thing for me. $11. would last a whole month (about 350-400 miles)the large battery in rear is a protection to the passengers and driver in the front, I had a two seater.
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof, built in cd player, tilt steering wheel, cruise control, need a small truck thats a hybrid, mpg need to stay at 50 in city and 70 on highway. Average $ on gas per year is $270.00. It is a great car, I just loved it.