2005 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Perfect Commuter Car
By HP Laborde on 08/01/05 00:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Needed a daily driver: I drive approximately 40,000 year in Calif and need reliable, comfortable, peppy, economical transportation. The climate control is wonderful. If you don't try to get 65-70mpg the car hauls you know what! I've already got almost 2,000 miles on it in 1 week of ownership with avg of 62 mpg even driving over 95 mph on some spurts!

The Fhantm Strikes
By Aleeza St. Clair on 06/28/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

I've never had a car that I enjoy driving so much and I've owned many different models including those with turbos. It does lose speed on steep inclines, but other than that it has quick pick up and is truly fun to drive. It also handles well in the ice and snow which is a must here in Alaska and I also love the sound system. My friend and I had room for two sets of golf clubs, two pieces of luggage, and a cooler with room to spare on a recent golf trip. I had to wait 8 months from the time that I ordered it until I received it, but it was well worth the wait!

The Escape Craft
By Bunswha on 04/06/05 21:45 PM (PDT)

Overall the only things that have been done to the car since I own it is regular oil changes. I live in the foothills of NY about 60 miles NNW of NYC. During the winter months I did find out the all season tires are not very good on snow covered roads. The car is very light and I would suggest studded snow tires in front for more traction and bite.

I go eco
By Tfoster on 04/01/05 09:21 AM (PST)

I love my Insight! It's actually my 2nd Insight. It's perfect for someone whose lifestyle allows for only two seats and plenty of room in the back for all sort of stuff. While I'm not going to win any wind sprints, I take comfort in knowing that I can make it 600 miles+ on my 10 gallon tank, especially with gas prices what they are today. It's a fun car to drive while protecting the planet.

Head Turner
By Fallacy124 on 03/31/05 23:57 PM (PST)

I purchased my Insight 2 1/2 years ago. I noticed that reviews say you don't get the mileage on the sticker, they're right. I get better!!! You just have to know how to drive one of these cars, you can't drive it like a 'normal' car and it takes time to learn it. 70 mpg is not unreasonable to attain with this vehicle. No problems whatsoever in 35,000 miles.

Best High Mileage car there is
By TUN FLOG on 03/26/05 00:14 AM (PST)

If you are looking for a high mileage vehicle, THIS IS IT. When the price of gas is over $3.00 a gallon and you consider how many times you have to have more than a two place car, you will see the value. The manual version is light and easy to move through the gates, and the extra control of the torque band of the engine is invaluable for extra high mileage. Expect 65 to 70 mpg at 70 mph. My best run...82.2 mpg!! (at 55)

Honda Insight
By Honda Insight on 03/23/05 23:06 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car, I own a 2000 insight, I had great results and finf it very reliable, I don't know why they say they don"t have power. The one I have has lots of power.

Insight Remains Extreme
By Bob on 03/23/05 22:52 PM (PST)

We own a Prius, Accord Hybrid and anInsight. Nothing beats the Insight on mileage. It's fun to drive and perfectly wonderful for daily activities and commuting.

An overview and corrections
By Frank Manley on 03/23/05 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

84 yrs old, and cars all my life, including Ferrari, and road racing, This is finest engineered ever, with world's most advanced engine. Also, fun to drive. You guys lie a lot-the 5 speed will give 65 M/G all day. 70 M/G is common. I have a CVT and can get 60 plus/gal on flat roads to Cal. from Seattle. Next year when oil goes to 80/barrel, I will have to lock it up!

honda insight 2001
By sharon wilson on 03/15/05 23:12 PM (PST)

Great mileage car, filled up for $11.00 and it would last a whole month. Not too much pick up-you will never get a speeding ticket. I had the 2001 which was to get 50 mpg in town and 70 on the highway, this was quite accurate - once on a highway trip I got 93 miles per gallon. I didn't like people coming up to me wanting to talk about the car all the time. It is built real solid and accident resistant. You could push in the fender with your thumb and it would pop back out. I was sitting in traffic on the highway at a dead standstill, and someone ran into me about 65-70 miles per hour, the car was so well built it took them about a week to discover the car was totaled. I would buy another one.