Sports Car
By demanding driver on
2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This tiny car draws comments everywhere. I have found it responsive and reliable, reasonably comfortable, and large enough to go camping with, but it won't carry a boat or bike. You have to learn to drive it carefully to get the best gas mileage. Push it too hard too long and the mileage goes down. But it will go fast and far with no complaints. Have taken it to Maine from the Midwest, have taken a passenger on a trip, have gone ten thousand four hundred fift three miles since I bought it 3 months ago. Frankly, I love it. Wish it had cruise control, but it has everything else I need.
Favorite Features
The handling is like a sports car, direct and quick. Initial take off is great, faster with less effort than most cars. The radio does a fine job, and I love the way it looks. It also is easy to see out of.
Suggested Improvements
Cruise control would be a plus, since you cannot dance when your foot is on the metal. And for a small person, the seat edge hits under the leg and exercise seems imperative. It could also use a map pocket in the driver's door.