2004 Honda Insight 1.0L 3-cyl. Hybrid 5-speed Manual w/AC Consumer Review - Long-term Honda Insight

2004 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. Hybrid 5-speed Manual w/AC)

Long-term Honda Insight
By Dr..Planarian on

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Mine is a 2000. I bought this car in March, 2000, and it now has 102,000 miles on it. It's been utterly reliable -- nothing has gone wrong. I have replaced the brake pads, tires, and windshield wiper blades only once, and the only problem it ever had is that the passenger side power door lock once failed ($130 repair). I have NEVER needed to replace a light bulb - the lack of vibration in this car makes everything last longer. I've owned two BMWs, an S-Class Mercedes, two Volvos, an Alfa, and other nice cars, but the Honda Insight is, by a very wide margin, the BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED, period.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, reliability, long distance cruising abilities, driver and passenger comfort even after extremely long drives, range between fill-ups, int. & ext. styling.

Suggested Improvements

Provision for a bike rack. Better stereo speakers on base system. Better tire availability (165/65R14 tires are HARD to find).