2004 Honda Insight Consumer Review: A Winner in my Book!

2004 Honda Insight - Consumer Review

A Winner in my Book!
By DelightedInsightOwne on

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought the second insight my Honda dealer received in 2000 and I now have driven it 37,253 miles. Over that time and distance it has averaged 68.6 miles per gallon, and gradually rising! I live on a hill about 400' higher than the surrounding more or less level terrain in a suburban bed-room area. The best mileage I ever logged on a single leg was 93 miles per gallon on a 120 mile trip with few hills. I was on an Interstate and stayed in the right lane and drove at the truckers speed limit - 55 miles per hour. My wife's car is a new Honda Accord Hybrid because we have been so satisfied with the 2 seater. She needs more capacity for occasional trips with friends, heavier loads, etc.

Super gas mileage. Engine shut-down at stops. Regenerative braking. Absence of a Bendix spring in the starter system! The constant display of instantaneous mpg. The 3-way odometer and Average Mpg display - i.e., life of car milage plus Trip A and Trip B.

Very hard to think of any that would not detract from the car's sterling performance. The car is truly a gem! It gives me great satisfaction in minimizing our oil imports and reducing air pollution!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review