Used 2004 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Insight - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

yes - I get 57 mpg and I love it!
By Bluegrazz

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I have owned this car for almost three years and buying it was probably the best decision I've ever made. It is reliable, inexpensive and easy to maintain. But you have to have a sense of humor to drive it! I've found that driving does have other rewards, however. The police only warn me when I am stopped for speeding because they are surprised that a hybrid is so speedy. And I never have to wait long at busy intersections because people are extraordinarily courteous and curious when you drive a hybrid.

The fuel economy and low emissions were my reason for purchasing the car, but it has exceeded all my expectations

It's so low to the ground that is is impossible to get out gracefully, and the sound system is vintage Honda Civic

Honda Insight - First Hybrid on the Road
By Dr. Kearns

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought my 2000 Honda Insight in April 2001. In 2000, Honda was the first to put hybrids on the road. My Insight has motored 69,200 miles with a lifetime gas consumption of 62.5 miles per gallon (mpg). The interior is comfortable and stylish. The unique seat supports my double-herniated back even on the long haul drives. The car is fun, generating curiosity and honks of approval. Plus, with 62.5 mpg and that nifty tax write off of $1500, I can feel good about the environment, global situations, and my own finances. It's just plain nice!

I like the rear wheel skirts and the seats best. The dash is nice, too.

None.

Honda Review
By Amaya_Whitman

so far experience has been good

the gas mileage is my favorite feature

more interior room

Milage not what I expected
By Bodnar

2004 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having driven about 10000 miles both in city and from Dallas, Tx to Ocala, Fl and back I can say the milage is nowhere near the 56MPG rating. Lack of cruise control really hurts. If you are used to cruise control you will have to change the way you drive or the speed will easily creep up to 80 and above. The best milage I have achieved is 52MPG highway and 46 in town. Once the summer temperatures go up you can expect those numbers to drop 20% because of the air conditioner. Electric motor is noisy.

The real time MPG display. Great AC.

Better radio. Softer suspension. Cruise control.

Sporty, economical Love Machine
By Kilroyrogers

So I'm on Sunset racing a Ferrari F40 and weaving in and out of rally cars last summer, and heads were turning and watching the 5 speed kick it, and I realized I had a sporty, head turning ride for relative peanuts. When I later saw said Ferrari with its hood up and smoke pouring out at the staion at PCH and Sunset, I realized I really do have the best of both worlds, minus the headaches.

Sporty exterior, freaking people out when at a stop in full electric mode (soooo quiet) and the high tech interior.

THANK THE STARS they ditched the cassette player (?!) for cs as standard. A futuristic car with a cassette player? That's just lame!