Used 2004 Honda Insight Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

best car ever
By david johnson

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

For two years I wanted an Insight. I talked myself out of it because it was a two seater. I decided to buy a Think electric car instead, but Ford stopped that one. Last Summer (2003) I decided to go for it. I ordered an Insight and it took 6 months for it to arrive.Then, I got the car. It is the best car ever made. On trips I regularly exceed 80 mpg. It handles like a sports car. It goes around corners like water thru a hose as they say. And it's roomy inside. Just my favorite car I've ever owned. Everything works great.

Gas mileage,appearance, and exceptional handling are my favorite features. It is simply the best car on the market right now. I'm 56 years old and have owned 11 vehicles. This is the most awesome.The best.

Make it so that one can raise or lower the electric windows without having the engine on. The outside rear view mirrors distort space.

2004 Honda Insight
By rabbit 162

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The fuel economy is incredible! Even though the car is rated at only 87hp, it has plenty of power. Unfortunately, it is not equipped with cruise control, to which I have become accustomed. Also, rear visibility has been sacrificed in the interest of styling.

Gas-electric hybrid engine is very quiet, and gets at least 50 mpg.

Larger windows needed at rear corners to improve visibility when backing out of a parking space.

Great
By LaEliza

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Great Car! runs great! great gas milage

Great Car

Great Car

Insight is Great
By pukapuyo

Best Car I ever owned, much better then the SLK Merc I traded it for.

Blue Color, Side panels over wheels, gas mileage... hidden CD... all excellent

none

Matt Adams Thank You!
By Hot Renee

This car is cheeper in gas then the payment. I was spending nearly $400 pr month in gas commuting in my Dodge, but now with the low monthly payment and gas together is less then $300.00 Thank You Matt Adams for making this deal work for me!!!!!!

What caught my eye, was the pearl blue color that I had always wanted, but I always ended up with a dark color car and it would be so hot in the summer. I knew I wanted a lighter color,stays clean longer too.

I would like it if they would come in a convertible.