2004 Honda Insight Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:
Too little car for Too much money
By madmech on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

The car is massively underpowered, acceleration is almost none existant. If I would have purchase any of the several economy cars that sell for less than $10,000 I would have had the same level of comfort and performance, I could have easily paid the differtence in fuel costs and I would have had $5000 or more still in my poscket.

Happy Camper
By HappyCamper99 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

it is efficient, economic and serves my purpose: even though I drive 150 miles per day, I only fill up once a week as opposed to my civic I had to fill every other day. And I only have an 11 gallon tank. This thing gets recharged when I go down hill, when I downshift and when I brake. Never have to plug the babe in. it has good pick-up when needed, just as a regular car without a turbo. It is peppier than the small Subaru I use to have, thatís for sure.

purchased in 2001
By ponykywest on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I bought my insight in 2001 and i still love it ,I can park anywhere,with the manual transmission i can get the power i need and i fill up once a month.the only downside is i kind of miss seeing the lady at the gas station cuz she use to crack me up and in my old vehicle i saw her at least once a week

Big Guy with small car
By Bob Alford on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I really love this car. It has done everything I ask of it and more.

ME AND MY HONDA
By ED CONDRA on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Insight Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Air Conditioning (1.0L 3cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2000 honda insight has been the best performing car I have ever owned. I get 65 to 72 MPG on it. I drove from Louisville KY to Chicago round trip on 9 gallon of gas. That's good. Now one better. We drove from Louisville,Ky to BattleCreek, MI round trip on 16 gallon. 70 mpg that trip. As Tony the tiget said "that's great." I have hit the 102,400 milage mark. SATISFIED? I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS CAR. I am a driven commercial for HONDA. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES AND SO MUCH FUN. My service work has been done by Honda Cars of Clarksville,Indiana.I can't say enough for this dealership. Service Execellance bar none. EXCELLENT TEAM. NUFF SAID.

best car on the road
By ajgranofsky on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

this is the perfect car with only one possible exception; it is only a two seater. But Honda has resolved that problem too- by making this technology available in the Civic. For the single commuter though, nothing will ever compete with the Insight, nothing! Do you hear me, Prius owners? The Prius has some "neat" options, but if it's economy you're looking for, keyless ignition doesn't mean squat. Don't get me wrong, Toyota makes the second best vehicles in the world!

Great Car!
By chanoyu on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Hell of a lot of fun to drive, I get looks all say long! Handles very well, and can run at 75 mph all day long.

want a Honda
By Jo on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Definitely prefer Honda; rides smooth; gets great gas mileage; looks good-- insisde & outside. Still looking and plan to purchase real soon.

mine is a 2001 model
By indy7up on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i have had no problems with my car, i find that it gets less they what they say, mine is more like 55 per city and 65 per hiway, wouldn't get rid of my little car for anything, everyone driving in the city should have one.

I wish I had Honda "Insight" sooner!
By HLeith on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

If your life style permits a 2-seater, the Honda Insight is an excellent combination of fuel economy, style, driving pleasure, and reliability.